cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cancer about to claim another

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
We are near Kingman, to help with wife's sister ho is terminal.
Got the call several days days ago from wife's Cousin's wife that he was being life-flighted to his new home south of Phoenix. Got a call three days ago, that he has a mass on his liver and several spots in his lungs.
he's been fighting cancer in his hips and on his spine, I think for some time. he endured having his testosterone producing organs removed to hopefully slow or stop the cancers..
he's been fighting a long time and with never a complaint and s smile for everyone..
he doesn't want to know how long he hasbut he's down to 116 lbs on a 5'10" frame and Hospice is now in charge. He as of right now gets up and around a bit.ed in a wood working shop.
he has been an avid RVer for over 30 years i think, spending winters mostly near his now last, here he work home,and most of summers in southern Michigan where he wa sborn and raised.
I thought about posting his name and address and asking every one to send him a Christmas card for his last Christmas among us.He would love that but I knew from the onset of the idea it was not a good one.. I'm quite sure some of you know him even though he never posted here, I think. Stanley N. has been the best friend and example for me over thirty years an to everyone else.
I just gave his first name. I ask that you offer a prayer for him and his family. God knows which Stanley N. it is.
4 REPLIES 4

eastern_shore_g
Explorer
Explorer
Prayers for Stanley N. and his family.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m so sorry to hear this sad news. I will offer a prayer.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
A prayer for Stanley N.

So sorry ... hard to watch them go down hill. Hospice is great.

Barb

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Deepest sympathy. I understand what you & family going thru. I lost a brother and a sister within 2 years of each other to cancer in 99 & 2001