cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mr Moderator: Please remove. This was all about nothing

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
This information is wrong and was mistakenly published on Verizon Wireless website

This little watch is made for smaller children and to help parents know where they are at all times. It has games and you can program it to call a few specific numbers. Other than that I don't know much more about it.

I just ordered one for my 8-year-old granddaughter and set it up. The thing costs me $129 plus $40 setup fee and an additional $5/mo plus tax. If you're a good talker you may get the $40 waived.

The thing comes with 15 Gb of hotspot data, which I didn't expect.

If you are already a Verizon customer and looking to add hotspot capacity I don't think I've seen anything cheaper for 15 Gb of hotspot data per month, after you've swallowed the $169 to get it going.
5 REPLIES 5

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
Forget the whole thing.

I called to add another Gizmo to my account. I got an apology that this was stated as a feature for the Gizmo. It is not actually capable of acting as a hotspot.

The agent promised to get this misinformation fixed.

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
RLS7201 wrote:

Whether at the pool, in the car or out on a hike, you can count on the GizmoWatchโ€™s tough and waterproof design.ยณ And because itโ€™s compatible with any standard 20 mm watch strap, you can pick out materials, colors and strap types to fit any occasion.5

Sounds like you copied professional add. I haven't actually seen the thing yet. She doesn't get to open it until Christmas, when the big guy comes calling.

I was just attracted by the 15 Gb of hotspot data it gives you for $5/month + tax, of course.

I'm thinking about buying another one and lowering the plans on my other two phones. After swallowing the upfront cost I can save about $15/month.

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Is it waterproof?

Whether at the pool, in the car or out on a hike, you can count on the GizmoWatchโ€™s tough and waterproof design.ยณ And because itโ€™s compatible with any standard 20 mm watch strap, you can pick out materials, colors and strap types to fit any occasion.5
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Is it waterproof?

I don't know. I would think it would be waterproof since it's a watch made for kids. I won't even see what's the box until Christmas when she opens it. I would think you could investigate it if you're really interested.

Edit: After checking the website it says waterproof up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Is it waterproof?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad