cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ol' Blue

COOLCHAS11
Explorer
Explorer
We're back rving after a few years off. Is Ol' Blue (Debbie) still active in the cooking arena? Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
Ol'Blue recipes are still in the archive files. Here is one of many favorites of Debbie's (Ol'Blue).

These pork chops turn out moist and full of flavor. A great company meal without all the work.
Enjoy! Debbie

Stuffed Cordon Bleu Pork Chops

8 PORK LOIN CHOPS; Thick Cut.
8 slice(s) CANADIAN STYLE BACON
4 slice(s) SWISS CHEESE; Thin Deli, Cut In Half.
1 teaspoon(s) GARLIC POWDER
SALT; To Taste.
BLACK PEPPER; To Taste.
BREAD CRUMBS; I Use Panko.
OIL
2 EGGS
3 tablespoon(s) MILK
_____

With a sharp knife cut a pocket into each pork chop, working your knife around to make a good size pocket.
I find it is easier if the chops are slightly frozen.
Place half a slice of cheese folded up on a slice of canadian bacon, folded over so the canadian bacon looks like a taco.
Stuff open end of canadian bacon into pocket so the folded side of bacon is facing towards you.
Repeat with remaining pork chops.
Make egg wash by whisking together the eggs and milk; set aside.
In a shallow dish mix together bread crumbs, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Dip pork chops in egg wash and then bread crumbs; pressing crumbs onto pork chops while pressing together the pockets to seal.
Place on a shallow baking sheet lined with foil and coated well with a some oil.
Bake at 375 for 45 to 50 minutes or until pork chops are cook through turning pork chops over 3/4 of the way through baking.
Serves 8.

I make these just using two pork chops for hubby and I. Great to serve company.
I wanna go where I haven't been, but still wanna see what I've seen again!

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
I was so sad she passed away. I have a few of her recipes that I have made several times. Wish I had gotten her cookbook.
I wanna go where I haven't been, but still wanna see what I've seen again!

LindaAnn
Explorer
Explorer
I was so sad when Debbie passed away. She shared so many good recipes and so many beautiful pictures. She published a little cookbook and I ordered a copy. She was a lovely person.

COOLCHAS11
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. Debbie was a good person.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Debbie is greatly missed.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Sadly, she passed away a few years ago now after her battle with cancer.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk