Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Worst RV Brand List

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
The List

Make sure you read the note at the top of the list, like most of these lists there is some question about how they were generated.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
30 REPLIES 30

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
I can't believe Dutchman isn't on this list.

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Having owned a Skyline....and a Fleetwood....and a Thor 5th wheel trailers all were supposed to be the worst rvs at that time.
Only issues I had with them revolved around equipment/appliances supplied and built by other mfgs.
The List.
New girl reporter on a local tv station checked with auto shops around town as to which car had the most service work done. Ford Taurus won.
Older guy reported on another tv station did a survey of new and used auto dealers in same town and found a lot more Ford Taurus were sold over all others.

And of course there are the brand forums.
New guy on a GM/Dmax web looking for info on his first diesel truck. After spending a week or so searching he finally made his first post. He asked why would anyone buy a GM diesel truck if all they have are problems.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't buy a Keystone again, but the problems I had with it were because I was pushing it's limits. It was never made to leave pavement, and I boondock off of dirt roads. I hadn't done enough research before buying the trailer.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Weell ah ... A warranty on mu home is a fraction of what it is on a lot less but not inexpensive Motorhome.
Before...but but bu tgets agoin, Home endures hail, snow which it can't escape, heavy rains, high winds and so on.
if they built an RV to a design, of not having to be brought back unless in a wreck or hit by catastrophe, it would slow down assembly time about 10% and add 5% to materials costs.
Sell a lot more units to repeat Customers and a lot of people would be lined up for used units keeping value high.

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco25E wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
Jayco25E wrote:
Thor should be on the top of that list. Would never by anything made by Thor.
Kind of funny from someone that owns a Jayco owned by Thor.

My Jayco was made before Thor bought them out. After Thor Bought them they went down hill to the point they brought back in some of the original owners to fix things. I would not buy another Jayco since Thor bought them.

This is true. Even though Thor bought them in 2016, the real changes didn't happen till 2018, at least for motorhomes. No more solid countertops, no more electric swivel T.V, no more 6 way power drivers seat, more paper less wood. There's a lot more but you get the idea.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

Jayco25E
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
Jayco25E wrote:

My Jayco was made before Thor bought them out. After Thor Bought them they went down hill to the point they brought back in some of the original owners to fix things. I would not buy another Jayco since Thor bought them.
2008 Chevy Avalanche
Current 2021 Coachman Apex 300BHS
Past 2005 Jayco 25E HTT
1 kid (but always end up with a full camper)
2 retired Greyhounds

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco25E wrote:

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Jayco25E wrote:

Along with those who say
"I would never buy anything made by Forest River".
"I would never buy anything made by Jayco".
"I would never buy anything made by .......".

Jayco25E
Explorer
Explorer
2008 Chevy Avalanche
Current 2021 Coachman Apex 300BHS
Past 2005 Jayco 25E HTT
1 kid (but always end up with a full camper)
2 retired Greyhounds

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder how many complaints came from people who don't know how to work a hammer or screwdriver.
What might really throw somebody can probably be fixed in short order by most of us.
Not an excuse for shoddy construction but...

Last week I bough a simple shelf at IKEA. I always read reviews. It had 5 stars, of course it did it's a shelf.
It had a 1 star from someone who had trouble scraping off the label.
Now imagine this person working a GPS or fixing anything in a trailer.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
I think the ultimate thing towards RV happiness or unhappiness, is the dealer and how they handle the inevitable warranty fixes from any manufacturer
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
The manufacturers do little in the way of quality control, which makes it tough to rank these things. Getting a decent build is a matter of chance.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:
what is really good. they said Coachman is better than Forest River. what they didn't say is that coachman is made by Forest River.
Both Forest River and Thor/Keystone have so many divisions make the report laughable at best.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:
what is really good. they said Coachman is better than Forest River. what they didn't say is that coachman is made by Forest River.

Coachmen is a separate division of Forest River Inc., as are Palomino, Dynamax and PrimeTime.
that's like saying Keystone is made by Thor Industries or Grand Design is made by Winnebago.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes