Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Newbie here. Maybe wrong forum but here goes.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Newbie here. Maybe wrong forum but here goes.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Powertour

Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 12/09/19 02:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Class C is fine, I'd stay under 26 & possibly get one without a slide unless you really want one with a slide.

100% have the opinion that USED is the only way to go.

We love our Class C with the exception of the corner bed..... that thing causes 2x more arguments between the spouse & I than backing does. It's such a PITA but it's hard to get a small coach without getting jammed with a corner bed.

2015 Itasca 25b Ford E350 V10

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 12/11/19 05:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good idea to rent first - check out RVShare.com

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

MintDice

MintDice

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/19 09:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah, based on the stats you said and what you are trying to do, I think you should be fine. Maybe you could test them out a little bit first but honestly that's probably good enough.

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/19 07:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Being over 70 myself I would look at a 24 ft Class C with a full wall slide and a 18-24 ft TT with a slide. I would not want a corner bed especially if you have knee or hip arthritis. The short C's with a full wall slide such as the Chateau 24FE will have a queen bed and a bed overhead. Most of the small C's only have about 40 gals of FW and minimal storage compared to an A. A small TT will give you more FW 50-80 gals if you want to dry camp at NP's or SP's and more storage. Another benefit with a TT when not using it to camp you will have the truck to use as a second vehicle. The C will just sit most of the time in your yard or storage area. If you think you will use it more of the time and need more room then look at something like a Thor Vegas which will be about 25-27 ft, some have twin beds and some have full wall slides. Good luck in your search.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Newbie here. Maybe wrong forum but here goes.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.