cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Honda EU2000

camp104
Explorer
Explorer
My Honda EU2000 keeps melting my 30amp to 110 pigtail. The 110 side is the one that is melting.I know it is not a problem with RV because I have another Honda EU2000 everything works fine.The Honda is is 14 years old. I think it is a internal problem?I don't no if it is worth fixing?Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5

Octaneforce
Explorer
Explorer
See what a volt meter reads at the generator. At 14 years of constant use, this gen has done its time. If it was me Iโ€™d sell that gen to someone willing to fix it and put that money towards a new one. Harbor freight and craftsman have very similar models that are cheaper and better than the Honda. To me its not worth the risk of starting a fire and possibly putting my rv and family in harms way. Thatโ€™s just me though. I overthink everything.
1993 fleetwood coronado 30โ€™ class a chuggin along with a tbi 454
An On demand hot water heater was the best thing i ever did

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree with Scott. Loose outlets connectors which is getting hot and melting things

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Odd. That's usually the result of drawing too many amps, and if that were the case you'd hear the generator running very hard and loud.

Post should be moved to tech issues.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Replace the outlet on the generator with a 30 amp RV plug.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Suonds like the Honda's outlet is worn and no longer has sufficient tension. It looks like a normal receptacle so I would get either an "industrial" or "commercial" rated outlet form the HW store and replace it. I would NOT use a cheapo $.99 standard outlet.
BTW, both sides of your adapter are 110V.