cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for a good campground in Arkansas' mountain region.

pigfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to stay one month in the summer of 2020. Must have FHU 50 amp, big rig access, concrete or asphalt level pad, satellite capability. If you know of any please reply. Thank you.
10 REPLIES 10

one_strange_tex
Explorer
Explorer
sayoung wrote:
one_strange_texan wrote:
Denton Ferry RV Park in Cotter. Right on the White River, featuring trout fishing, either guided or on your own. Well run park.

We were there last June. I 2nd the recommendation. Catch some Trout with one of the guides at Cotter Trout Dock.

Oops! I somehow missed the OP's specification for a RV spot with a concrete or asphalt pad. Denton Ferry is gravel, but it is really nice and was no problem for us.
one_strange_texan
Currently between RV's
Former 5th wheel owner (Montana 3402RL)

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't forget the Diamond Mine
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
one_strange_texan wrote:
Denton Ferry RV Park in Cotter. Right on the White River, featuring trout fishing, either guided or on your own. Well run park.

We were there last June. I 2nd the recommendation. Catch some Trout with one of the guides at Cotter Trout Dock.

one_strange_tex
Explorer
Explorer
one_strange_texan
Currently between RV's
Former 5th wheel owner (Montana 3402RL)

sbell2003
Explorer
Explorer
Catherine's Landing Hot Springs
One of the nicest RV parks in any state.
2019 KZ Durango Gold 356RLT
2018 RAM 3500 Dually

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
rr2254545 wrote:
Also look at LAKE OUACHITA STATE PARK Mountain Pine Arkansas - beautiful area with full hook up sites

We just stayed there for the second time this April
A x2 for this state park.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Also look at LAKE OUACHITA STATE PARK Mountain Pine Arkansas - beautiful area with full hook up sites

We just stayed there for the second time this April

2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mount Magazine, Whithro Spring, White River State Park
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Two Hands wrote:
Petit Jean state Park.

Agree. Beautiful park in beautiful area. But Arkansas state parks have a 14 day limit every 30 days.

The area around Eureka Springs is also beautiful with a number of RV parks in the area. Check campgroundreviews.com for descriptions, reviews, and ratings.

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
Petit Jean state Park.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"