cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do I turn off my Dish network

jtad
Explorer
Explorer
So I have a Dish network "outdoor" package. It was my understanding that this could be turned on and off when not in use. When I log into my account it will only let me turn one receiver off not both..Anyone know how to do this?
2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40DST
16 REPLIES 16

rexmitchell
Explorer
Explorer
As others have said just call. If you want to save the argument tell them you are happy with the service but arenโ€™t camping or using it for X months and will reactivate when needed.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Cocky_Camper wrote:
rk911 wrote:
lryrob9301 wrote:
NEVER NEVER NEVER use the word "suspend" ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use the term " disconnect " or " cancel my service " . If you use the word suspend they will put your account on pause and bill you a $5 monthly fee to maintain the account. If you truly have Pay-AS-You-Go. Just don't pay the next months bill, the account will cancel automtically.

this is usually how we do it. but if we find ourselves ready to shut down with more than a few days left in the month we'll call and our unused balance will become a credit on the account.

This is good to know that this is an option. Do they credit you monitary wise, or credit with service days? We use pay as you go for Football season and never knew that we could do this.

they credit $, a pro-rated amount for the remaining days in your month.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
lryrob9301 wrote:
NEVER NEVER NEVER use the word "suspend" ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use the term " disconnect " or " cancel my service " . If you use the word suspend they will put your account on pause and bill you a $5 monthly fee to maintain the account. If you truly have Pay-AS-You-Go. Just don't pay the next months bill, the account will cancel automtically.

this is usually how we do it. but if we find ourselves ready to shut down with more than a few days left in the month we'll call and our unused balance will become a credit on the account.

This is good to know that this is an option. Do they credit you monitary wise, or credit with service days? We use pay as you go for Football season and never knew that we could do this.
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
jtad wrote:
I bought the receivers out right on amazon.

that's not the same as auto-pay. we also bought our receiver. auto-pay is where you have your credit card on file with Dish and have authorized them to automatically bill that card for your monthly service. our pay-as-you-go outdoor account is NOT on auto-pay so rather than calling i can just not pay the bill and the service will shut itself off. if you've left your CC on file with Dish the only way to stop your service is to call.
Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

jtad
Explorer
Explorer
I bought the receivers out right on amazon.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
If you're on auto-pay, you can drop out of it online and then just don't pay the next bill.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
rk911 wrote:
lryrob9301 wrote:

You are correct. I miss typed above. thinking and typing too fast. Disconnect is the correct word.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
lryrob9301 wrote:

Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer

A way to tell if your account is truly Pay-AS-You-Go are you billed a monthly receiver fee or did you have to buy your receivers upfront before getting the service. If you bought your receivers then your account should be Pay-AS-You-Go.

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
The past couple of years my calls have been going to agents in the USA - if they're overseas, they're doing an excellent job of hiding their accent. I try to call before 6 in the evening. I'm thinking the overseas agents didn't work out - primarily because they didn't understand the equipment they were trying to support. Try calling during the day and you'll have a better chance of accomplishing the reason you called.

It may be your account isn't full-fledged "outdoor" on their books. I'm told if you're on their books as outdoor, you can start and stop service from the app on your cell phone. Something about a permanent service address. Talk it over with the agent you get.

The worst part of the call is working your way through the interactive voice response system these days. I hate those things but every business uses them. I wish they'd go back to having a receptionist directing calls. Life would be so much simpler if they'd all bring customer service back to life - and mean it!
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

jtad
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks.. Was hoping there was a way to do it online and not have to deal with Bob from Pakistan..

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
Airdaile wrote:
Just don't pay the bill. They suspend your account and when you want it back on just pay the bill.

Unless he agreed to auto pay. Then they just charge your card every month whether you use it or not.

correct. OP, just make the call.
Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Airdaile wrote:
Just don't pay the bill. They suspend your account and when you want it back on just pay the bill.

Unless he agreed to auto pay. Then they just charge your card every month whether you use it or not.

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer