Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: How do I turn off my Dish network
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> How do I turn off my Dish network

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
jtad

Lingleville, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/08/19 02:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So I have a Dish network "outdoor" package. It was my understanding that this could be turned on and off when not in use. When I log into my account it will only let me turn one receiver off not both..Anyone know how to do this?

2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40DST

AllegroD

Outdare

View Profile

Posted: 12/08/19 02:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Online chat or phonecall.
Dish Contact site

Be sure to tell them it is a pay as you go account and you want to suspend.

rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/08/19 02:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

just call them.

Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Airdaile

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 12/08/19 03:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just don't pay the bill. They suspend your account and when you want it back on just pay the bill.

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/08/19 04:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Airdaile wrote:

Just don't pay the bill. They suspend your account and when you want it back on just pay the bill.

Unless he agreed to auto pay. Then they just charge your card every month whether you use it or not.

rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/08/19 04:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BB_TX wrote:

Airdaile wrote:

Unless he agreed to auto pay. Then they just charge your card every month whether you use it or not.

correct. OP, just make the call.

jtad

Lingleville, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/08/19 04:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks.. Was hoping there was a way to do it online and not have to deal with Bob from Pakistan..

DFord

Near St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 12/08/19 05:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The past couple of years my calls have been going to agents in the USA - if they're overseas, they're doing an excellent job of hiding their accent. I try to call before 6 in the evening. I'm thinking the overseas agents didn't work out - primarily because they didn't understand the equipment they were trying to support. Try calling during the day and you'll have a better chance of accomplishing the reason you called.

It may be your account isn't full-fledged "outdoor" on their books. I'm told if you're on their books as outdoor, you can start and stop service from the app on your cell phone. Something about a permanent service address. Talk it over with the agent you get.

The worst part of the call is working your way through the interactive voice response system these days. I hate those things but every business uses them. I wish they'd go back to having a receptionist directing calls. Life would be so much simpler if they'd all bring customer service back to life - and mean it!

Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

lryrob9301

Mid-Atlantic

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/08/19 05:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NEVER NEVER NEVER use the word "suspend" ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use the term " disconnect " or " cancel my service " . If you use the word suspend they will put your account on pause and bill you a $5 monthly fee to maintain the account. If you truly have Pay-AS-You-Go. Just don't pay the next months bill, the account will cancel automtically.

A way to tell if your account is truly Pay-AS-You-Go are you billed a monthly receiver fee or did you have to buy your receivers upfront before getting the service. If you bought your receivers then your account should be Pay-AS-You-Go.

* This post was edited 12/08/19 05:25pm by lryrob9301 *

2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2016 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD V6

rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/08/19 05:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lryrob9301 wrote:

NEVER NEVER NEVER use the word "suspend" ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use the term " disconnect " or " cancel my service " . If you use the word suspend they will put your account on pause and bill you a $5 monthly fee to maintain the account. If you truly have Pay-AS-You-Go. Just don't pay the next months bill, the account will cancel automtically.

this is usually how we do it. but if we find ourselves ready to shut down with more than a few days left in the month we'll call and our unused balance will become a credit on the account.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> How do I turn off my Dish network
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.