Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: How do I turn off my Dish network
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> How do I turn off my Dish network

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
AllegroD

Outdare

View Profile

Posted: 12/08/19 05:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rk911 wrote:

lryrob9301 wrote:

NEVER NEVER NEVER use the word "suspend" ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use the term " disconnect " or " cancel my service " . If you use the word suspend they will put your account on pause and bill you a $5 monthly fee to maintain the account. If you truly have Pay-AS-You-Go. Just don't pay the next months bill, the account will cancel automtically.

this is usually how we do it. but if we find ourselves ready to shut down with more than a few days left in the month we'll call and our unused balance will become a credit on the account.

You are correct. I miss typed above. thinking and typing too fast. Disconnect is the correct word.

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/08/19 05:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you're on auto-pay, you can drop out of it online and then just don't pay the next bill.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

jtad

Lingleville, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/08/19 06:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought the receivers out right on amazon.

2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40DST

rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/08/19 06:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jtad wrote:

I bought the receivers out right on amazon.

that's not the same as auto-pay. we also bought our receiver. auto-pay is where you have your credit card on file with Dish and have authorized them to automatically bill that card for your monthly service. our pay-as-you-go outdoor account is NOT on auto-pay so rather than calling i can just not pay the bill and the service will shut itself off. if you've left your CC on file with Dish the only way to stop your service is to call.

Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Cocky_Camper

Rock Hill, SC

View Profile

Posted: 12/09/19 02:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rk911 wrote:

lryrob9301 wrote:

NEVER NEVER NEVER use the word "suspend" ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use the term " disconnect " or " cancel my service " . If you use the word suspend they will put your account on pause and bill you a $5 monthly fee to maintain the account. If you truly have Pay-AS-You-Go. Just don't pay the next months bill, the account will cancel automtically.

this is usually how we do it. but if we find ourselves ready to shut down with more than a few days left in the month we'll call and our unused balance will become a credit on the account.

This is good to know that this is an option. Do they credit you monitary wise, or credit with service days? We use pay as you go for Football season and never knew that we could do this.

2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/09/19 03:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cocky_Camper wrote:

rk911 wrote:

lryrob9301 wrote:

This is good to know that this is an option. Do they credit you monitary wise, or credit with service days? We use pay as you go for Football season and never knew that we could do this.

they credit $, a pro-rated amount for the remaining days in your month.

rexmitchell

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/09/19 09:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As others have said just call. If you want to save the argument tell them you are happy with the service but aren’t camping or using it for X months and will reactivate when needed.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> How do I turn off my Dish network
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.