Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: The case of the disappearing gas leak
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> The case of the disappearing gas leak

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Cougargm

NE PA

View Profile

Posted: 12/10/19 01:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It stopped dripping when I took it to the garage (isn't that usually the case?). I put the bucket underneath and then went in the shop. When I came out the bucket was empty...so it actually stopped as I drove the 10 miles to the garage.
The mechanics didn't look at it right away since the bucket was empty and when they did look underneath, they didn't find a leak.
As for the amount, visibly I only saw two small drops continuously coming down from the bracket...enough to a pint in the bucket from that afternoon through the next morning. However, I'm not sure when the leak actually started. (It's parked across the street from my property) I filled it up the end of September, and ran the genny briefly once in Oct (though I didn't smell gas then). When I winterized it, the tank was down almost a quarter of a tank (about 13 gallons).
Yep, it is an E series Ford.

T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/10/19 02:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it's getting to the evap system as described above, one way to help stop that is to only let them pump till it clicks off the first time. Don't let them keep filling more after that, it's a known culprit for getting into the evap.

Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

VA-Apraisr

glen allen, VA

View Profile

Posted: 12/10/19 02:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, 13-gallons lost while sitting? Hope you can figure this one out and give the rest of us a "heads up" on what the problem turns out to be.....that's a lot of fuel going somewhere and definitely a dangerous situation that could result in a serious fire. Good luck.

Bordercollie

Garden Grove, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/19 02:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check the rubber flex hose that connects the filler to the tank, should have leaked with a full tank though if loose connection or crack in hose (??)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> The case of the disappearing gas leak
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.