Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: 5er hitch options RAM MegaCab w/6'4" bed - Solitude 310GK
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> 5er hitch options RAM MegaCab w/6'4" bed - Solitude 310GK

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/18/19 09:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

"Pullrite. It works very slick and you can jackknife easily to get into those tight spots BUT when hooking up or unhooking you pretty much need to be in a straight line (truck and trailer) - the Pullrite manual says you have an allowance of 10 degrees which isn’t very much. I have on 2 occasions been just outside these limits and got stuck. That is could not unhook nor rehook. It took a lot of maneuvering to get unhooked at which point the trailer dropped. It would have crunched the box but luckily the kingpin landed on the frame of the hitch."

PullRite make quality products, BUT the straight on thingy is a NO BUENO to me!!!

"IF" I had a SB I would be running the B&W manual hitch.

I thought you liked the rail mount steel Andersen [emoticon]

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 10:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Of the two offered if I had to choose I would use the ANDERSEN steel version. Still "IF" I had a SB Truck I would want a slider for that 1 in 100 chance of needing it.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/18/19 03:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Of the two offered if I had to choose I would use the ANDERSEN steel version. Still "IF" I had a SB Truck I would want a slider for that 1 in 100 chance of needing it.

You don't know what you are missing short bed Ram 3500 and the steel Andersen [emoticon]

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/18/19 03:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

You don't know what you are missing short bed Ram 3500 and the steel Andersen [emoticon]

Or a short bed Ford with a Pullrite Superglide ! [emoticon]

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/18/19 04:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Or a short bed Ford with a Pullrite Superglide ! [emoticon]

That would be a great second choice [emoticon]

DesertDogs

Scottsdale

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 04:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So, the steel Andersen is a top choice with the RAM 3500 short bed? And, that's attached with rails to the factory pucks? No worries about clearance in very tight turns?

Considering Solitude 310GK 5th wheel

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/18/19 05:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DesertDogs wrote:

So, the steel Andersen is a top choice with the RAM 3500 short bed? And, that's attached with rails to the factory pucks? No worries about clearance in very tight turns?

I’m pretty sure I went over this with you . I don’t know if it’s the top choice , it’s a good choice . Yes picture frame adapter attached to the pucks with the steel Andersen mounted to that. It’s the setup that I have , and I have no clearance issues in a tight turn . With that being said, there is a limit to how tight you can go , as with many setups.

DesertDogs

Scottsdale

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 05:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

DesertDogs wrote:

I’m pretty sure I went over this with you . I don’t know if it’s the top choice , it’s a good choice . Yes picture frame adapter attached to the pucks with the steel Andersen mounted to that. It’s the setup that I have , and I have no clearance issues in a tight turn . With that being said, there is a limit to how tight you can go , as with many setups.

c2014... what pinbox on your 5th wheel? And do you have the pin adaptor which is reversible to give more or less rear-ward placement on the hitch? Lastly, any clearance issues between the pinbox with the sides of the bed?

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/18/19 06:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DesertDogs wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

DesertDogs wrote:

c2014... what pinbox on your 5th wheel? And do you have the pin adaptor which is reversible to give more or less rear-ward placement on the hitch? Lastly, any clearance issues between the pinbox with the sides of the bed?

I have the MorRyde pin box. Yes I have the reversible pin box adaptor. I have it in the rearward position, more clearance with the cab. No clearance issues with the bed . If you got a pin box that’s not going to clear the sides of the bed , then it’s not going to make any difference what hitch , it’s going to hit. Now the tailgate is another story , the further back you go there is a chance hitting the tailgate, it all depends on the style of pin box. MorRyde is not an issue. As said before some pin boxes have had to have the back corners cut off at an angle to clear.

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/18/19 07:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"As said before some pin boxes have had to have the back corners cut off at an angle to clear." It is not the pin box, it is the mounting flanges on the trailer that hang down and can contact the tailgate or bed side rails. Chris

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> 5er hitch options RAM MegaCab w/6'4" bed - Solitude 310GK
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.