cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New suburban and tahoe reveal! Duramax 3.0 is in!!

MARK_VANDERBENT
Explorer
Explorer
Wow these are awesome! Duramax 3.0 is option and I'm so excited !
31 REPLIES 31

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
Bionic Man wrote:
Grodyman wrote:

That's what I think as well. Seems like people are affording a whole lot more now than I could a generation ago.

It's not that people can afford them, their debt load just increases exponentially. For every $100 income, they spend around $170. People don't care or understand.

6door74
Explorer
Explorer
MARK VANDERBENT wrote:
Being a huge 6.5 diesel suburban fan, I just have to have one!
Seems all the reviews of the baby inline duramax are very positive in alot if areas.
Dang I thought they could not make the new SUVs any more attractive than the 15 to 19 Denali!
They just did , and I can't wait to see yukon and escalade

Here ya go!

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a30517344/2021-gmc-yukon-xl-photos-info/
2006 E350 V10
Travel Trailer-TBD

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
4x4ord wrote:
Bionic Man wrote:
Grodyman wrote:
Who can afford these anymore?

They seem to sell more and more every year.

That's what I think as well. Seems like people are affording a whole lot more now than I could a generation ago.

Heard a story on a newscast I have some faith in that auto loans are the home loans where a while back...

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
4x4ord wrote:
Bionic Man wrote:
Grodyman wrote:

If you guys break it down, vehicles don't cost, proportionally, more or much more than they used to.
A big part of what you're seeing is the cost of "upgrades" either for capability or comfort.
Pick a vehicle, most any vehicle, but one that can be had in multiple trim levels and powertrain configurations.
Then compare the, whatever, 1970s 80s or 90s cost for similar capability (HP, tow rating, whatever) and similar creature comforts (AC, power windows, AT, cruise etc).
You'll be comparing a big block, high trim level 1980s model to a base v6/low end drivetrain and base model trim on a new or newer vehicle.
In some cases, the new one might be cheaper with the time value or money or inflation.
Now add the cost of 400+ hp, Nav, heated and cooled 8 way leather, BLIS and other active and passive avoidance, reduced maintenance intervals and a host of other things.
What you'll find, is the average person, once accuatomed to those amenities, believes they should not cost anything.
Like your cell phone. Aside from the software compatibility and processor speed, how many bitsch about how much the I phone 11 costs compared to the IPhone 4 or 6? Same difference.
Are you the one that complains about how much an instapot costs compared to your old crock pot that will make the same pot of chili? Crock pots are cheaper than ever, you're paying for the convienence and technology to make chili in 30 minutes or less.

Of course the baby Dmax SUV will be expensive. If you want cheap, buy the govt special V6 or turbo 4 model (likely not offered becasue people don't want the "base model" in what has become a luxury SUV) with an old 6 speed and 1/2 the fuel mileage and only 60% of the torq
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bionic Man wrote:
Grodyman wrote:

2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Iโ€™m pretty excited about these new SUVโ€™s.

Grocery getter or not, it still very capable. My grocery getter Tahoe hauled large appliances the other day. Super handy. With the seats out and down I have the storage capacity of a standard pickup. 3 minutes later I am ready to haul 8 people. Will all the seat anchors I do not want for tie down locations. The only negative thing is that hauling tall things that are not able to be laid down like a fridge would require a trailer.

These new ones will be even better with the lower floor.

IRS is no big deal. It will still have a decent capacity and will tow a decent load. It will handle even better than they handle now.

The Diesel is exciting but I would probably choose the 5.3l again.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

PDX_Zs
Explorer
Explorer
Still waiting for 8-lugs. Still loving my 2012 3/4 ton....

Suspicious on the IRS. Would have preferred a solid axle with coil springs. But understand it freed up significant interior room.

Will be surprised if actual production ride-height on the ZR version is that high.

Styling, interior, pricing, increased overhangs.... it's almost like someone inside is trying to sabotage every GM project. So much good, and yet...

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Grodyman wrote:

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Grodyman wrote:
It's not just the exorbitant cost of the vehicle. You have to add in taxes and insurance to the mix. I can purchase a lot of fuel for that kind of money.

kw_00
Explorer
Explorer
Grodyman wrote:

I know right! My goal is not to live in debt and so far itโ€™s working... it would take a while for me personally to save up, which I will do for th next truck. I think prices today are just to much, then the initial depreciation hit is not worth it for me. I will just save and pay cash for used in a few years. Daughters in school right now and has plans for college in years to come.... so nothing new coming my way...lol
A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.

Grodyman
Explorer
Explorer
2017 F150 CC/5.5' 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost/3.55
2018 Passport Ultra-Lite 153ML

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
I agree, I like the diesel option but I'm certainly not liking the nose on it. I'll wait to see what the Yukon looks like.

We've been thinking of buying a new or nearly new Yukon, but it certainly won't be anything that looks like this.....
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

kw_00
Explorer
Explorer
Win for the diesel option for sure, otherwise GM stole that grill right from Toyota and Lexus... take a look at those vehicles and you can see the resemblance. Not to excited about the push button controls for a shifter. But I donโ€™t plan to purchase one so not concerned. What I am watching is how that Diesel engine will hold up. Down the road, I see myself getting another 1/2 ton, most likely it will be the GMC version with the diesel. I really prefer the gas LS 6.2, however with the mpgs that diesel is getting, a 4x4, 4 door with that engine will fit the bill.
A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Gawd that front end is awful. Does GM have a contest for engineers to see who can come up with the ugliest design?