Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: New suburban and tahoe reveal! Duramax 3.0 is in!!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> New suburban and tahoe reveal! Duramax 3.0 is in!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
4x4ord

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 12/11/19 11:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Even though I no longer have any use for one I still drool just a little at the thought of a Duramax Highcountry Suburban. I still think my 2007 Yukon Denali might have been the nicest vehicle I ever owned.

2017 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

MARK VANDERBENT

MANHATTAN ,IL.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/11/19 11:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Being a huge 6.5 diesel suburban fan, I just have to have one!
Seems all the reviews of the baby inline duramax are very positive in alot if areas.
Dang I thought they could not make the new SUVs any more attractive than the 15 to 19 Denali!
They just did , and I can't wait to see yukon and escalade

BenK

SF BayArea

View Profile

Posted: 12/11/19 11:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ksss wrote:

Duramax in a Tahoe and Suburban. High end soccer moms and farmer's wives are rejoicing. A Tahoe that gets plus 30 mpg, never thought I would see it.

Ever since could remember wanted a K5 Blazer and/or K2500 Suburban, but no longer trucks and better suited for pure pavement LAGS & SOS soccer/grocery-getter types

Nothing wrong with that...just not for me any longer

deltabravo wrote:

Push button shift..... FAIL

Yup, same thought way back when ordering my 1996 Suburban...4x4 via dash mounted push buttons. Got used to it, but never liked it

I'll stick to my 1996 K3500 Sub and for the kinds of money they will want for a new one, can make my 1996 way better for me...yup, you-all can call me an old fart...

-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 12/11/19 11:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2003silverado wrote:

I have a feeling I would soil my britches if I saw the price tag!

Considering what my wife', 08 LTZ cost new, I bet it would not only soil them, it would rip your undies off...

I will say that 'Burbs really hold their value. My wife's 08 LTZ is worth about 20.

My issue with GM and electronic gizmo's (especially magnetic ride, which the LTZ has), is, it's expensive to fix. Sensors are 250 each (aftermarket) and air shocks are 400 a pair (takes 4). Guess it you have steel hinges on your wallet, it's all moot anyway. No labor cost, just components.

For the asking price, I'd lease it or wait 2 years and buy an off lease (how my wife got her's in 2010) She let the original owner / leasor take the depreciation hit.

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

gmcsmoke

Butler

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/11/19 02:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'll be holding out for the grand wagoneer.

Durb

NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/11/19 02:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The fender appendages that wrap around into the grill mimic the mandibles of an ant. Overall, a very nice vehicle. I had a 72 Carryall, very functional but light years from these rigs.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/11/19 03:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now if GM would be the first to get their schit together and build one again with 8 lug wheelz, they'd absolutely kill IT!

Like mic drop, BAM, done, they win...

I know people are moaning and groaning about the demise of sedans, but that's because the market is dictating otherwise.
But the lack of a HD SUV from the market in many years, especially given the absolute popularity of SUVs is pretty weird/dumb/I don't know what.

I'd say there is not a more popular time where people either recreationally or professionally tow more than NOW. Yet this foreign concept of a SUV that can tow/haul like a big truck hasn't caught back on.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 12/11/19 04:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huge win for them with adding the diesel. Huge fail on the exterior styling. Again.

[image]

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/11/19 04:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gawd that front end is awful. Does GM have a contest for engineers to see who can come up with the ugliest design?

kw/00

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/11/19 05:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Win for the diesel option for sure, otherwise GM stole that grill right from Toyota and Lexus... take a look at those vehicles and you can see the resemblance. Not to excited about the push button controls for a shifter. But I don’t plan to purchase one so not concerned. What I am watching is how that Diesel engine will hold up. Down the road, I see myself getting another 1/2 ton, most likely it will be the GMC version with the diesel. I really prefer the gas LS 6.2, however with the mpgs that diesel is getting, a 4x4, 4 door with that engine will fit the bill.

A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> New suburban and tahoe reveal! Duramax 3.0 is in!!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.