Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: mounting a propane tank to bumper
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> mounting a propane tank to bumper

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 16  
Prev  |  Next
jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/20 06:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ticki2 wrote:

And how is the year of the TC relative ? lol

By the references to the older valves without pressure releases..This topic is about possible mounting a propane tank on the rear bumper/deck of a 2019 Northern Lite..

10 pages in and people don't know what the post was about..It went off topic almost immediately...How sad for the opp...

1994 F-350 DRW /460/k&n intake /415# torque/lance 9.6/Engel compressor fridge/3 gr 27 batteries/Honda 2k/Honda 3K/WH Camo 2250/Reese solid bar extension/Buddy heater/3 inverters//Happi Jack tie downs /Firestone bags/Yamaha Rhino/Winch and Lockers

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/20 08:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is an option for mounting on the rear TC bumper with some protection and it seams easy to put a lock on for security..

[image]

Beats a milk crate..LOL

ryoung

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/20 07:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Here is an option for mounting on the rear TC bumper with some protection and it seams easy to put a lock on for security..

Not recommended to lock up access to propane cylinders.

ryoung

2018 Ram 3500 SRW Diesel
2019 Wolf Creek 840

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/20 04:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ryoung wrote:

Quote:

Not recommended to lock up access to propane cylinders.

ryoung

By whom?

Propane locks are quite common these days with the crime that goes on anymore,infact Torklift sells propane locks for RV's and every propane exchange I have seen is locked..No different than locking your portable generator..

NRALIFR

Truck Camping Out West

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/20 05:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My understanding is it’s ok to secure the cylinder in a way that prevents theft, but you’re not supposed to prevent access to the valves.

[emoticon][emoticon]

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/20 06:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Common sense would dictate locking up the box while say in the store or eating dinner then unlocking when around..A deterrent only as most security devices are...

I have never heard of any law on locking or access to the valves on propane tanks..If there is one,please post the link....

I only threw in the possible locking the box as a possibility for those that need more security with extra propane tanks as in mounted on the bumper/deck of aTC...Lots of people either remove or lock there tanks while in storage..

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/20 06:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jaycocreek wrote:

I have never heard of any law on locking or access to the valves on propane tanks..If there is one,please post the link....

NFPA 1192 that pertains to RV's. Not going to spend $50 to read a copy.

* This post was edited 01/07/20 08:35am by GDS-3950BH *

NRALIFR

Truck Camping Out West

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/20 07:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^ That’s what I suspected was behind it. That and the RVIA standards, that the manufacturer has to follow if they want the RVIA sticker on their units.

I actually like the box enclosure, it’s no different than the LP compartment on my TC, but I should also point out that the LP compartment door latches can’t be locked, and there’s a sticker on the door clearly identifying it as an LP storage compartment.

In the event of an emergency, first responders to an RV related incident are going to look for and turn off the valves on the LP tanks first thing.

[emoticon][emoticon]

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/20 07:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

NFPA 1192 that pertains to RV's. Not going to spend $50 to read a copy.

I don't believe that..If that was true it would be all over the internet especially with enclosed propane tank systems.Nothing says or tells you that you cannot lock your propane doors on a TC...They warn you about everything anymore to the point of stupidity so if a lock on a propane device was dangerous or illegal,it would be printed everywhere..

I think it is more of an internet propane police issue..Laffin..

ticki2

NH

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/20 07:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jaycocreek wrote:

Common sense would dictate locking up the box while say in the store or eating dinner then unlocking when around..A deterrent only as most security devices are
Common sense for me would be for someone to be able to shut off the gas valves in my absence should the need arise . As a side note I find it interesting that lately on rv.net that if your opinion differs from the new leaders of the pack you receive a demeaning label , the latest being propane police .

* This post was edited 01/07/20 08:05am by ticki2 *

'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 16  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> mounting a propane tank to bumper
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.