Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Why was the Mexico beach thread moved: Resurrected
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Why was the Mexico beach thread moved: Resurrected

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/27/2004

View Profile






Posted: 12/12/19 07:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mexico beach is in Florida and the last time I checked that was part of the United States. Not Mexico or South America where it was moved to.

* This post was last edited 12/14/19 06:51am by an administrator/moderator *   View edit history

Iraqvet05

Greenwood, MO

Senior Member

Joined: 01/15/2013

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 12/12/19 08:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This one? Looks like it's now in both the general and Mexico forum categories...

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fusea........d/30011553/gotomsg/30011589.cfm#30011589


2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

DutchmenSport

Indiana

Senior Member

Joined: 10/10/2006

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 12/12/19 08:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of our most favorite little shops in Mexico Beach was completely blown away when that hurricane hit. We were so saddened when the entire area was destroyed. Mexico Beach was one of the very few last places that truly had an old style Florida feel to it. Far too many other cities and towns along the cost line have succumb to the tourist industry and destroyed the quaintness and true old-style look and feel of Florida. Mexico Beach was one such location that refused to give in to the dictates of big industry swallowing up every inch of ground for the tourist industry. I wonder if they will be able to retain the stand against commercialization and development and be able to keep the little town "true Florida."

When we go there, we stayed at Port St. Joe State Park. I wonder how the State Park is doing. It's been a few years since we've been there now.

Yea, agree.... I don't understand why the original thread was moved to the Mexico (country) thread.

wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

Senior Member

Joined: 01/11/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/12/19 09:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think the answer as to why it was moved is obvious. Not everyone is a Florida geography expert.

opnspaces

San Diego Ca

Senior Member

Joined: 12/22/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/12/19 09:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It was moved because we are all human, even the moderators. Personally I would have PM'd the moderator and asked this question, not gone out and broadcast it to the general public.


2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton
2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH
1986 Coleman Columbia Popup.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/27/2004

View Profile






Posted: 12/12/19 09:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

opnspaces wrote:

It was moved because we are all human, even the moderators. Personally I would have PM'd the moderator and asked this question, not gone out and broadcast it to the general public.
I tried to notify moderator and all I got was a error message.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/27/2004

View Profile






Posted: 12/12/19 09:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wnjj wrote:

I think the answer as to why it was moved is obvious. Not everyone is a Florida geography expert.
If they read the thread and not just the title it would have been obvious it was in Florida. I could understand moving it to campgrounds and resorts but not to a foreign country, LOL

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/27/2004

View Profile






Posted: 12/12/19 09:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DutchmenSport wrote:

One of our most favorite little shops in Mexico Beach was completely blown away when that hurricane hit. We were so saddened when the entire area was destroyed. Mexico Beach was one of the very few last places that truly had an old style Florida feel to it. Far too many other cities and towns along the cost line have succumb to the tourist industry and destroyed the quaintness and true old-style look and feel of Florida. Mexico Beach was one such location that refused to give in to the dictates of big industry swallowing up every inch of ground for the tourist industry. I wonder if they will be able to retain the stand against commercialization and development and be able to keep the little town "true Florida."

When we go there, we stayed at Port St. Joe State Park. I wonder how the State Park is doing. It's been a few years since we've been there now.

Yea, agree.... I don't understand why the original thread was moved to the Mexico (country) thread.
I always wanted to go there for the lack of commercial development. They had a rv park right on beachfront.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

Senior Member

Joined: 12/12/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 12/12/19 10:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colliehauler wrote:

I tried to notify moderator and all I got was a error message.


Not everyone got The Memo [emoticon]


2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C


2oldman

Ca

Senior Member

Joined: 04/15/2001

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/12/19 10:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Too funny.. they moved it even after I mentioned it was Mexico and was corrected.. in the same thread. Guess the mods don't read too well either.

And threads about portable generators stay in Class A. Go figure.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Why was the Mexico beach thread moved: Resurrected
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.