Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: why only one page of posts?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> why only one page of posts?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/13/19 09:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BB_TX wrote:

Campfire Time wrote:

If you look at the individual subject specific forums the threads keep going. I've seen various threads stay alive for a week or more. Clicking "Newest" is nothing more than a database query. ...............

Correct. Newest bring up new threads, not new posts. So any older threads with new activity do not show up as "newest".

On a brand specific forum I frequent, clicking on new posts brings up any new threads or older threads that have new activity since I last visited the site. A better way to do it IMHO.

This is all true, BUT . . . . .

In it's hey day, it would be common to see 4-5-6 pages of NEW threads....

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

opnspaces

San Diego Ca

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/19 09:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have read the complaint about over moderating for years and I think the opposite. I think the moderators are doing a fantastic job keeping the site civil. A couple of things I've noticed is that most (not all) of the time when someone complains I look at their user name and am not surprised that they are getting babysat. There is a wide demographic of people on here and like in real life there are some that are just not able to apply the correct behavioral filters.

As far as new posters disappearing, I kind of agree with that but not totally. Yes I agree that some new posters are seemingly attacked for no apparent reason. Other posters try to apologize for the behavior but I can't say I blame the OP from just disappearing. But then again there is a whole segment of computer users that treat forums differently than us. They post a question and read the answers. If they get the answer they want they move on with life and forget about the forum. Look at some of the long time users and their post count. There are many users who have been here for over 15 years and are still new or full members. These users get their answer and go back to their normal life.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton
2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH
1986 Coleman Columbia Popup.

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/13/19 09:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BB_TX wrote:

Campfire Time wrote:

If you look at the individual subject specific forums the threads keep going. I've seen various threads stay alive for a week or more. Clicking "Newest" is nothing more than a database query. ...............

Correct. Newest bring up new threads, not new posts. So any older threads with new activity do not show up as "newest".

The above is true, but it also represents a software change, function change which I think they could have notified us about. I used to whine (to myself) that the “Newest” was a list of the last sequentially added topics, versus the latest postings regardless of the age of the topic.

So I usually just go to “Active”

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/13/19 09:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

BB_TX wrote:

Campfire Time wrote:

On a brand specific forum I frequent, clicking on new posts brings up any new threads or older threads that have new activity since I last visited the site. A better way to do it IMHO.

This is all true, BUT . . . . .

In it's hey day, it would be common to see 4-5-6 pages of NEW threads....

And this would be fine, IF it would only show the new threads since the last time YOU signed in. Or like some other forums indicate “the threads below here have not changed since the last time you logged in”

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/19 10:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camping World took it over. You didn't really think it would be as good as it was before them. DID YOU? They destroy everything they touch.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

rr2254545

Central Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/13/19 11:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My observation is that the site is down a lot lately - hence not as many postings -

2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee, Air Force One, Blue Ox Avail tow bar
365 Campgrounds,82K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 1787 nights camping since we retired in July 2009

Campfire Time

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/19 12:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

Camping World took it over. You didn't really think it would be as good as it was before them. DID YOU? They destroy everything they touch.

[emoticon]

Chuck D.
“Adventure is just bad planning.” - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid, 2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71

Lwiddis

Kern County, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/13/19 02:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I haven't experienced any "down" times recently, rr.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

Skid Row Joe

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/20 03:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

This has been discussed at great length on different threads...

The fact that almost EVERY question a newbie asks, they get flamed about everything... The new Comers just don't bother coming back in most cases...

It's a shame, Once you sift through the rubbish, there really is some great information to be shared, and great people as well.. Heck, I've been here since 2008 and still learn stuff ....
It's almost impossible to get interrogative answers from anyone in the know to them. I was trying to get specific testimonials or information, and you get replies like; Google it, or, far afield subject matter totally unrelated to the actual questions.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> why only one page of posts?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.