Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: What happened to STREET VIEW in Google Maps?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> What happened to STREET VIEW in Google Maps?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Johno02

Lexington, TN USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/13/19 12:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seems to be working fine for me.

Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)
2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

BarabooBob

Baraboo, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/13/19 04:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just tried it and they changed how yo get to street view. I use to be able to click on a location and scroll in and it would switch to street view. Now I have to click on the little man to get the street view to come up. I liked the old method better.

Bob & Dawn Married 32 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

paulj

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/19 05:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BarabooBob wrote:

I just tried it and they changed how yo get to street view. I use to be able to click on a location and scroll in and it would switch to street view. Now I have to click on the little man to get the street view to come up. I liked the old method better.

The little man has been around for ever.

The zoom method still works - if I am in 3d Sat view.

Once I'm in streetview, I often use the thumbnail map to select neighboring spots to view.

On the setup memu, there are selections for 'traffic', 'bicycle' and 'steetview'. Select the last, and all roads with a view are highlighted. Just click on one. Or hover to see a thumbnail view. That highlighting is the same I get by grabbing the man over the map.

* This post was edited 12/14/19 01:06am by paulj *

paulj

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/19 05:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Campfire Time wrote:

There are some remote locations where they just don't have Street View. It's annoying because you get pretty used to using Street View.

There should be some hidden spots on this earth! Actually I'm more surprised about the remote spots that the Google car has visited. If the road is RV accessible it probably has a streetview. Or in some cases individuals on bike, foot or ski.

padredw

East Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/13/19 06:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Baraboo Bob wrote:

Exactly my experience and opinion. Today is the first time I've ever had to use the "little man" method. I, too, like the old method better.

But I thank everyone who helped me to solve my problem.

doxiemom11

Paris Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/14/19 01:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been having to drag the little guy down to the road, then streetview loads for me. Not working the way it normally did, but still able to get it.

paulj

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 12/14/19 03:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like there's been a change in your default map settings. Dragging the figure is the method that I've always used.

Hammerboy

Zeeland, MI

View Profile

Posted: 12/14/19 06:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Funny, I never use the little guy for street view. I simply double click the cursor on the road where I want to see and there it is.

Dan

2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

JimR 1

Custer South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/19/19 10:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

padredw wrote:

Baraboo Bob wrote:

Exactly my experience and opinion. Today is the first time I've ever had to use the "little man" method. I, too, like the old method better.

But I thank everyone who helped me to solve my problem.

Ditto on the above for me too. Seems like they went backwards a little because I remember using the little man in the past to get to street view. Google Earth still has the zoom in mode for street view

JimR

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> What happened to STREET VIEW in Google Maps?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.