Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: So many closed topics!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> So many closed topics!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Next
Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/19 08:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I see 3 closed topics on the first page right now! I assume that it is because the threads got too personal and/or argumentative. This is sad. This site should be a place to find good, objective information. I quit visiting the pickuptrucks.com site because the quality of the comments had degenerated so much and I hate to see it here. I appreciate the moderator for shutting things down when they get out of hand. And, I admit that I made a few hasty or poorly worded comments so I am not judging anyone in particular. I actually appreciated it when the moderator scolded me on occasion and I tried to learn from that. We are all human so perfection isn't expected but let's all do a little introspection and try to keep things more positive and informative.

Thanks for letting me through in my two cents worth.

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/19 09:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The two Tesla threads were probably closed because they were getting political and someone was starting to call people names. I am not sure why the creative towing thread was closed. We were on topic and were being civil. Unless Robert wanted to get the last word in there and then requested for it to be closed.

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/19 09:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

The two Tesla threads were probably closed because they were getting political and someone was starting to call people names. I am not sure why the creative towing thread was closed. We were on topic and were being civil. Unless Robert wanted to get the last word in there and then requested for it to be closed.

There are also some that disappeared. I am guessing due to the same personal attack person.

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/19 09:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I had my Goldwing I was a member of a Goldwing forum. It had a section where no topic was off limits.
It had a disclaimer that it wasn't for snowflakes. I only posted in it a few times, mainly because I was never interested in the off limits topics.
I've since never seen a section like that on any forum I belong too.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/19 10:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Therein lies the problem. People have to start insulting others, subtly at first. Some just can't respect anothers viewpoint and the thread spirals down the toilet.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/19 10:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Around the Campfire" used to be very open and freeform. Then some people complained that it was too open and freeform. Now it's so locked down, very few people even post there anymore.

The two Tesla threads got shut down due to an individual, and his aggressive insulting and bad-mouthing of anyone who disagreed with his opinions.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

PA12DRVR

Back in God's Country

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/19 10:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

"Around the Campfire" used to be very open and freeform. Then some people complained that it was too open and freeform.

Those were the days......

CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/19 10:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

"Around the Campfire" used to be very open and freeform. Then some people complained that it was too open and freeform. Now it's so locked down, very few people even post there anymore.

The two Tesla threads got shut down due to an individual, and his aggressive insulting and bad-mouthing of anyone who disagreed with his opinions.

Ya I got called “Elmer Fudd”... ‘an I thought right away “but I’m a better shot than Elmer Fudd...”

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/19 10:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Then there are Trolls that have to quote every post you make and THINK they know your intent. It gets very old!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/19 10:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Topics that go much more than 3 pages usually get contentious and political. Which means they're off topic.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> So many closed topics!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.