Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: So many closed topics!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> So many closed topics!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
blt2ski

Kirkland, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/19 09:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosememite,

There is always more than one way to skin a cat per say. Say something, disagree with someone, no big. Name calling will get you no where on this forum ANYWHERE! Not just here.

As I have noted before, I am probably the lowest deleter of threads, posts etc on RV.net So if you happen to get my attention. You deserve it! I have no problems with people debating, as long as it is kept polite. If someone is not being polite, adult like, then expect to be deleted in posts, threads, or even need to get your posts approved by a mod before they are posted, last is deleting your account. If you are causing "ME" that many issues, I skip the approval of posts, just plain ask to have you deleted!

Also, in real life, have some respect for real snowflakes, they can kill you in the form of an avalanche. having been knocked down by a mini one at Stevens Pass ski area on the 7th Heaven run, I would not want to be in a real one! I've seen the damage a real one can inflict too!

Marty

92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
00 Chev C2500, V5700, 4L80E, 4.10, base truck, no options!
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

Check RV.Net Blogs at: blog.rv.net

bikendan

Camano Island, Wash.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/20/19 01:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blt2ski wrote:

Yosememite,

There is always more than one way to skin a cat per say. Say something, disagree with someone, no big. Name calling will get you no where on this forum ANYWHERE! Not just here.

As I have noted before, I am probably the lowest deleter of threads, posts etc on RV.net So if you happen to get my attention. You deserve it! I have no problems with people debating, as long as it is kept polite. If someone is not being polite, adult like, then expect to be deleted in posts, threads, or even need to get your posts approved by a mod before they are posted, last is deleting your account. If you are causing "ME" that many issues, I skip the approval of posts, just plain ask to have you deleted!

Also, in real life, have some respect for real snowflakes, they can kill you in the form of an avalanche. having been knocked down by a mini one at Stevens Pass ski area on the 7th Heaven run, I would not want to be in a real one! I've seen the damage a real one can inflict too!

Marty

Way to go, Marty![emoticon]

Dan- Firefighter, Retired">, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur">, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP">), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

GeoBoy

Bennington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/20/19 06:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blt2ski wrote:

Yosememite,

Marty

Thanks, Marty.

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

How about the snowflakes who run to uncle-murderator for every perceived hurt feelings and calls on their ignorance?

Similar to those who can't handle anything negative about their favorite thing or anyone noting a real life obstacle their favorite thing has to overcome?

To me that is worse than ignorance because ignorance means that you have the intelligence to know something, but you just do not know it yet. This is knowing something, but refusing to believe it because it is not what you want to hear or want to believe. That is far more dangerous than ignorance because it is wanting your beliefs to change the facts rather than the facts changing your beliefs. With ignorance, most will at least change their beliefs when they learn the facts.

In my experience, these type of people generally resort to name calling because their back is against the wall since their opinions and beliefs have been debunked or challenged in a logical debate so their only option left is to start name calling and insulting everyone. It is more of a defensive reaction than an offensive one.

* This post was edited 12/20/19 07:38am by ShinerBock *

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 07:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

It is more of a defensive reaction than an offensive one.

But can be pretty offensive.
In grade school I was told that each "snowflake" was unique. I do not know how it became a insult to anybody that disagrees with me. And I do not understand why anybody should feel threatened when asked to explain their opinions.

BenK

SF BayArea

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 07:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Snowflake is a fairly new derogatory timed with new members posting here

Most any word can be used as a derogatory. Ignorance is a good example. Means not knowing but usage these days as meaning dumb or stupid

As Shiner says...usually employed when their up against the wall and resort to derogatory's, AKA name calling

Marty is cool...even though he's shut down a few if my posts. [emoticon]

-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Stevens Pass ski area on the 7th Heaven run"

My girlfriend at the time in the late 70's thought I could take Red Chair "The Bowl" on the way up to 7th Heaven. After two moguls I walked down! You are a BEAST!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 09:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Marty reminded me I need to have work stop getting in the way of my fun.

[image]

[image]

[image]

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200

blt2ski

Kirkland, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 09:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins, having taught skiing locally since 80-81, having highest certification, training director, level one examiner, I can pretty well ski anything. Sltho being a couple of years shy of 60, I don't always head for those diamond, double diamond, off listed out of area runs at Stevens, Alpental where I learned as a teenager in mid 70s. Taught there for 11 years, summit for 27. Towed my TT for 12 seasons weekly with spouse kids, staying up there from Friday to Sunday.
Good life. That was worst snow slide I was in.the worst I have seen results of, was one that came from top of My Snoqualmie stopping 20' or so from maintenance building at Alpental. Rumour had it, 20 log trucks of logs were hauled off.

Marty

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/20/19 10:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blt2ski wrote:

Yosememite,

There is always more than one way to skin a cat per say...

Marty

Hi Marty,

Thank you for your personal post.

Indeed, I think an apology to the snowflakes I offended is way overdue. And If I may add, I don't easily get offended by name-calling. You can call me fanboy or Cybertruck nuts anytime or every kitchen sink name that comes to your mind. I came from corporate world and I did not rose to the ranks by melting on every brickbat that comes my way. Out there it's eat them for lunch or be their lunch.

Not making this as an excuse, but I must have taken too seriously to heart my dad's words -- he was a physics and math professor -- for us his kids: Don't let lies and stupidity go unchallenged.

And don't think I harbor ill feelings when you don't see me around here. I know, as you said, you don't miss me anyway. It may be just I'm too busy and getting full time lately as Chief Investment Officer for my Poors & Broke with Trump's crazy tariffs.

I won't also mind if you delete my OP Tesla Cybertruck topics. I got auto-subscribed to Owners Forum and there is enough crazy fun out there insulting each other about our foolish purchase and our pugly Cybertruck.

I may visit from time to time if you don't mind and if I'm still not banned. As I said, I bought my RV from CW and upgraded it after 2 years, as if I've not learned my lessons, also from CW. And like a true sheeple, bought everything that Good Sam after-market services they offered. I even wonder why I don't have a Titanium Good Sam logo in my forum handle. I asked help from Ella here if I'm going nowhere at CW/GS, criticize or compliment a good service I got and search of help topics here for anything relevant to my issues.

And lastly, it's none of my business if you have a Ram and don't really care if you bought it as a cover up fo your tender manhood -- or you want to send your mechanics son to college with your dedicated weekly repair jobs.

Thank again Marty -- and everyone, some of you are a big help, inspiration but everyone is a good source of fun.

No, I'm not saying goodbye (yet -- unless I'm banned).

Yosemite Sam
Say your prayers wabbit!

PS - Marty, the "you" here is not you specifically but a collective you of all forum members. Thanks, have fun and be fun -- life is short.

* This post was edited 12/20/19 10:37am by Yosemite Sam1 *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> So many closed topics!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.