Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: So many closed topics!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> So many closed topics!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
blt2ski

Kirkland, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/19 05:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jerry,
I did see it,
Thank you
Marty

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/13/19 06:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have no complaint against the murderators.

In fact, they justifiably close threads that degenerated into mindless mine-is-bigger-than-yours playground taunting.

My frustrations is when a knowledgeable and fact-based post is replied on by an idiotic baseless prognostication motivated by ignorance, envy or insufferable impacted bowel (aka, simply being anal).[emoticon][emoticon]

* This post was edited 12/13/19 06:16pm by Yosemite Sam1 *

danrclem

Ky.

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/19 06:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

danrclem wrote:

I've noticed that the majority of all the rude and belligerent comments come from one group of people and they all have one thing in common. I won't say what the common denominator is but it isn't too hard to figure out.

Are they all a fan of a particular electric vehicle brand?

I ain't gonna say. You'll have to come to your own conclusion. [emoticon]

* This post was edited 12/13/19 06:30pm by danrclem *

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/19 07:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

If you missed my post Marty, I think you do a great job, and kind of look the other way when things are not out of hand, but interesting.

Jerry

I agree! I think my fellow MOSSBACK does a great job.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 12/14/19 04:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't understand why most of my posts cause some members to feel they must challange what ever I posted. I don't mind, I often spend more time thinking about what I posted, maybe helping me give a better explaination.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 12/14/19 04:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

I don't understand why most of my posts cause some members to feel they must challange what ever I posted. I don't mind, I often spend more time thinking about what I posted, maybe helping me give a better explaination.
IMO, it's not what's said, but the manner in which it's said. Sometimes the wrong meaning comes across, or seems to be misconstrued.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/14/19 05:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

You've been marked and they'll never give you a moment of peace -- or enjoy whatever it is you have.

And they sure be bringing lots of clouds to rain on your parade! LOL! [emoticon]

mtofell1

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 12/14/19 07:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm a total message board junkie. I've spent ridiculous amounts of time on boards ranging from vehicles/RVs to house building to guns to flashlights to air travel to vacation destinations. By far, RV.net is the most heavily moderated. Many of the boards I frequent have zero moderation and the trolls and fights aren't any worse than they are here.

I think this board is kind of the, "helicopter parenting" method of message boards. I guess I don't see what the harm is in letting a bunch people argue it out in cyberspace but whatever. I'm sure it's only matter of time before this thread is C L O S E D.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/14/19 08:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mtofell1 wrote:

I'm a total message board junkie. I've spent ridiculous amounts of time on boards ranging from vehicles/RVs to house building to guns to flashlights to air travel to vacation destinations. By far, RV.net is the most heavily moderated. Many of the boards I frequent have zero moderation and the trolls and fights aren't any worse than they are here.

I think this board is kind of the, "helicopter parenting" method of message boards. I guess I don't see what the harm is in letting a bunch people argue it out in cyberspace but whatever. I'm sure it's only matter of time before this thread is C L O S E D.

Actually the study shows that forum that are lightly moderated, or not at all, have the most active participants and users.

trail-explorer

NM

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/19 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

Using fanboy to describe a group of males who are extreme fans of a certain brand is not name calling and it is not the same as calling a specific person a degrading name. The very definition of fanboy is a male who is extremely or overly enthusiastic fan of someone or something. So it is not name calling.

Merriam-Webster Dictionary: Fanboy

And there you go, you just say someone farted and the one who did wil immediately shoutl denying it![emoticon]

I did not deny anything. Nor did I ask the mods to close any threads. I am just stating that using the correct definition of the word fanboy for a group of brand fans in general is completely different than calling a specific person a degrading name.

And they would clutch on and won't let go to move on. Like this forum is their life (maybe it is) or winter is too long and harsh in their state that this site becomes a therapy on their cabin fever. Also notice that they have comments on every topic.[emoticon]

Who is "they" referring to? Just curious.

As with those who deny they are the fart(er), and you feel alluded to, you might be the 'it' or one of 'em![emoticon]

I don't feel alluded to because it is not me, but you quoted my post while saying it so I was just curious on who you meant is all.

Multiple nested quotes makes things really hard to follow............

Bob

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> So many closed topics!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.