Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: So many closed topics!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> So many closed topics!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
2oldman

Mecca

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/19 09:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

trail-explorer wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

Using fanboy to describe a group of males who are extreme fans of a certain brand is not name calling and it is not the same as calling a specific person a degrading name. The very definition of fanboy is a male who is extremely or overly enthusiastic fan of someone or something. So it is not name calling.

Merriam-Webster Dictionary: Fanboy

And there you go, you just say someone farted and the one who did wil immediately shoutl denying it![emoticon]

I did not deny anything. Nor did I ask the mods to close any threads. I am just stating that using the correct definition of the word fanboy for a group of brand fans in general is completely different than calling a specific person a degrading name.

And they would clutch on and won't let go to move on. Like this forum is their life (maybe it is) or winter is too long and harsh in their state that this site becomes a therapy on their cabin fever. Also notice that they have comments on every topic.[emoticon]

Who is "they" referring to? Just curious.

As with those who deny they are the fart(er), and you feel alluded to, you might be the 'it' or one of 'em![emoticon]

I don't feel alluded to because it is not me, but you quoted my post while saying it so I was just curious on who you meant is all.

Multiple nested quotes makes things really hard to follow............
x2

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/19 11:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've discovered that when the nested quotes get too long, they're usually not worth reading anyway.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

memtb

Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/15/19 11:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have sent several pm’s to the moderators pertaining to closed topics.....I can’t even get a response from them! There have been several closed “very” prematurely (IMO), and I wanted my questions answered.....to no avail! It seems as though there are several “extremely” thin -skinned participants or moderators! I’ve excused myself from this forum for a while, but, in a moment of weakness returned this morning.....finding this topic! memtb

Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/15/19 11:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

memtb wrote:

I have sent several pm’s to the moderators pertaining to closed topics.....I can’t even get a response from them! There have been several closed “very” prematurely (IMO), and I wanted my questions answered.....to no avail! It seems as though there are several “extremely” thin -skinned participants or moderators! I’ve excused myself from this forum for a while, but, in a moment of weakness returned this morning.....finding this topic! memtb

You cannot be excused, glad you returned! [emoticon] Only the WP are allowed time off, or sit in the corner time outs.

I've had some posts deleted, not surprised, but only a couple of my threads closed, one which the mod reinstated, when I asked nicely.

Jerry

2oldman

Mecca

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/19 12:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

I've discovered that when the nested quotes get too long, they're usually not worth reading anyway.
I think that happens in many cases because the quoter is not aware he or she can edit most of that out.

BenK

SF BayArea

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/19 01:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Previous frequency was every few months maybe one or two, but of late...expecting at least one per week or more

Coincidence to a few new members and common topics...or am I mistaken in that connection(s) ?

Of course am guilty of these transgressions too and a constant "bite your tongue"
(keyboard) moments

-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

memtb

Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/15/19 02:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks, MFL! Over the years, there have been many posts that “pmo”! But, I didn’t “wimper” to a moderator. I either dealt with the “offensive” post or ignored the thread and went elsewhere! However, when getting no response from the “moderators” when I confronted them about their decision to “CLOSE” a topic.....I thought it best to leave the forum. I thought this was perhaps best..... before I explained to the moderators what I thought about their decision in “colorful adjectives” on open forum and was permanently removed. memtb

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/19 02:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seems some things offend some people, and others might find it humorous. At some point, some forums become unreasonable in the 'policing of the minds', and unworthy of reading or commenting for fear unfounded of an offense to the few.

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/19 02:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BenK wrote:

Previous frequency was every few months maybe one or two, but of late...expecting at least one per week or more

Coincidence to a few new members and common topics...or am I mistaken in that connection(s) ?

Of course am guilty of these transgressions too and a constant "bite your tongue"
(keyboard) moments
Not mistaken at all. One particular member is getting too frequent with his name-calling and insults, causing more members to bite back.

wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/19 03:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

I think that happens in many cases because the quoter is not aware he or she can edit most of that out.

I think it's because replying from a mobile device makes editing more difficult than it's worth. Other forum software only quotes the outermost previous reply. Ideally you could pick the depth quickly without having to edit.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> So many closed topics!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.