Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: So many closed topics!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> So many closed topics!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/19 03:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wnjj wrote:

.. replying from a mobile device makes editing more difficult than it's worth. .
Have to agree there.

I know there's a way to highlight a lot of lines, but I've not yet figured out how it works. I usually end up putting the cursor on the last character and holding down the X button until it's gone... character by character.

Sigh.

BenK

SF BayArea

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/19 04:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Proverbs 26.4

-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 01:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

The two Tesla threads were probably closed because they were getting political and someone was starting to call people names. I am not sure why the creative towing thread was closed. We were on topic and were being civil. Unless Robert wanted to get the last word in there and then requested for it to be closed.

I have NEVER requested a thread to be closed check with the Moderator
The Irony is new US vehicles are being de vceloped here. They are the Ranger/ Amarok, and new Bronco with Ecoboost, also the baby Bronco
When more information available will do some posts

Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 11:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

memtb wrote:

Thanks, MFL! Over the years, there have been many posts that “pmo”! But, I didn’t “wimper” to a moderator. I either dealt with the “offensive” post or ignored the thread and went elsewhere! However, when getting no response from the “moderators” when I confronted them about their decision to “CLOSE” a topic.....I thought it best to leave the forum. I thought this was perhaps best..... before I explained to the moderators what I thought about their decision in “colorful adjectives” on open forum and was permanently removed. memtb

I suspect that the moderators are not paid well enough to feel any obligation to deal with confrontation.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 11:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bird Freak wrote:

If you really want to get trashed and bashed just say anything about a 6.0 Ford that is not bad!![emoticon]

They make wonderful boat anchors?

That's not bad...

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/19/19 03:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

monkey44 wrote:

Seems some things offend some people, and others might find it humorous. At some point, some forums become unreasonable in the 'policing of the minds', and unworthy of reading or commenting for fear unfounded of an offense to the few.

And some people seeing their post zapped will just move on and leave the forum.

That's when forum die as there are so many out there with more lively discussions on similar interests and topics.

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/19 08:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

monkey44 wrote:

Seems some things offend some people, and others might find it humorous. At some point, some forums become unreasonable in the 'policing of the minds', and unworthy of reading or commenting for fear unfounded of an offense to the few.

And some people seeing their post zapped will just move on and leave the forum.

That's when forum die as there are so many out there with more lively discussions on similar interests and topics.

I agree with this too. Have occasionally contemplated abandoning RV.net. But each time an interesting fix, or answer or a thread pops open with good info or good discussion and waylays that thought. I track three other interesting forums, and the open threads run faster than I can keep up. But RV.net will hold my interest for as long as it holds my interest - I'll just open it less often.

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/19 09:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In all my years of being in forums, I will say that those who are usually getting their posts removed by mods due to constant personal attacks or name calling and leave because of are seldomly missed. In fact, it is generally the opposite in that most are glad they are gone.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/19/19 09:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

In all my years of being in forums, I will say that those who are usually getting their posts removed by mods due to constant personal attacks or name calling and leave because of are seldomly missed. In fact, it is generally the opposite in that most are glad they are gone.

How about the snowflakes who run to uncle-murderator for every perceived hurt feelings and calls on their ignorance?

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/19 09:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How about the ones that can't answer a post without being offensive?

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> So many closed topics!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.