Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: How about those after market steps for TT?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Modifications and Accessories

> How about those after market steps for TT?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
WBarnard

livonia, michigan

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/19 12:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been using "Glowsteps" for over 4 years now. Works great. Each foot individually adjusts for uneven ground. Even the wife can operate them with no problem.

Good luck.

austinjenna

Columbus, Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/16/19 04:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The concept looks nice for those that tilt up into the fiver but storing mine in a storage lot I would not have the room to use them.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/19 05:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

austinjenna wrote:

The concept looks nice for those that tilt up into the fiver but storing mine in a storage lot I would not have the room to use them.

That's another advantage of the Glow Steps. They don't have that problem

2019 Duramax w/hips,2012 Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,RV safepower,17" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

profdant139

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/19 09:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love my Glowsteps -- but they are not infinitely long. If the drop-off from the trailer to the ground is more than four feet, we have to improvise, as the photo below illustrates. We were boondocking in the Uintah Range of Utah -- the site was a rocky mess, extremely tilted. Note the flat rocks under the "landing gear" on the steps:

[image]
[image]Click For Full-Size Image.

2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

profdant139

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/19 09:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And yes, that is a piece of Astroturf fastened to one of the steps -- it helps keep the trailer a little cleaner. At this particular site, the turf came in real handy -- the site had recently been visited by a small herd of cows, apparently suffering from various digestive issues. We tried to watch where we stepped, but it was not easy to navigate around the obstacles.

OleManOleCan

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/19 10:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I made some steps from 2x4s and heavy plywood.
I made em as wide as the door. I made em wide. I have big feet.
I put rubber non skid strips on the steps.
2 sections of steps for ease of transport.

At my house I use 4x8 solids to make stack steps.

edatlanta

Jennings Ferry Campground-Camp Host, Akron, AL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/18/19 04:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

CFerguson wrote:

SoundGuy wrote:

elsique wrote:

There are a few different models to choose from and I wanted some feedback from those who already upgraded. Any brands or styles to avoid or recommendations on best to buy would be much appreciated.

Lots of positive reviews for the Torklift Glowstep. A friend of mine had one and was really happy with it ... here's his detailed report.

That looks like a good product (thanks for the link, SG!) but one of my pet peeves is having to hunt a product's price on its web page. I usually just assume they know that the price is so hi that it will scare off customers and so I just forget about the product. Totally kills any interest I have.

eta: hey mods, whats up? Even tho I am logged in, I had to do a proof test that I am not a robot before i could post.

I have Glow steps. They are great and work as advertised.
As to the price, you may find a cheaper set of aftermarket steps but you will not find a better set of Aftermarket steps.
As always you get what you pay for.

Glowstep here also and couldn't be happier. I have had mine for almost 3 years.

Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 07:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CFerguson wrote:

SoundGuy wrote:

elsique wrote:

There are a few different models to choose from and I wanted some feedback from those who already upgraded. Any brands or styles to avoid or recommendations on best to buy would be much appreciated.

Lots of positive reviews for the Torklift Glowstep. A friend of mine had one and was really happy with it ... here's his detailed report.

That looks like a good product (thanks for the link, SG!) but one of my pet peeves is having to hunt a product's price on its web page. I usually just assume they know that the price is so hi that it will scare off customers and so I just forget about the product. Totally kills any interest I have.

eta: hey mods, whats up? Even tho I am logged in, I had to do a proof test that I am not a robot before i could post.

In response to your pet peeve you are fighting basic marketing 101.
A wise promoter will promote an items strong point first and it weaker points last.
As it pertains to Torxlift their steps are a great product if they told you the price first the fear is the consumer would say for get it and move on without even finding out the features. The impatient consumer may bail on the product even if the features justify the higher price.
A Yugo may market themselves on price first. A Rolls Royce will bring up price last.

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 08:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

CFerguson wrote:

SoundGuy wrote:

elsique wrote:

In response to your pet peeve you are fighting basic marketing 101.
A wise promoter will promote an items strong point first and it weaker points last.
As it pertains to Torxlift their steps are a great product if they told you the price first the fear is the consumer would say for get it and move on without even finding out the features. The impatient consumer may bail on the product even if the features justify the higher price.
A Yugo may market themselves on price first. A Rolls Royce will bring up price last.

Sorry, but I am not fighting anything. If someone wants to sell me something, he has to tell me the price before I lose interest. Basic Sales 101. It may work on the unwashed masses, but I don't waste time playing games.
(I waste my time on the inturweb)

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 06:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If price is the biggest/best selling point it will appear first. If price is not the best selling point it will not appear first.
The idea is to always put your best foot forward first.
Yes they are marketing to the masses not individuals.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Modifications and Accessories

> How about those after market steps for TT?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.