cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bunk model 5th wheel

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
I'm trying to locate mid to upper level bunk 5th wheels. Seems like all bunk models are kinda on the entry level platform whereas the upper ends from most manufacturers don't have a bunk model. Do they not think that people with means to buy don't have kids? I've looked at Montana, Durango Gold, Artic Fox, Grand Design and Pinnacle.

Looking for something with the larger bunk beds and factory receiver hitch that can also be used as full time. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Have a 10 & 19 YO and I won't put them on the narrow bunks.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation
10 REPLIES 10

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Look at toy haulers and build the garage out to be a bedroom. We took the bed lift and customized it so that we had 2 proper twin size beds for the kids with *real* mattresses (not the 2" of better than nothing that comes with it).

Full write-up of converting our toy hauler garage to the kids' room:
https://learntorv.com/toy-hauler-kids-room/

And, for the YouTube generation, he's a walk-thru of the garage area:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7_8KRUhlng
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

librty02
Explorer
Explorer
DRV has a few rear bunk and a mid bunk model...the 43 Manhattan actually has 2 full baths if you would like that too!

http://www.drvsuites.com/elite-suites-luxury-fifth-wheels/floor-plans.html
2011 FORD F-150 FX4 CREW CAB ECO...
2018 Ford F-150 Max Tow Crew 6.5 3.5 Eco...
2013 Keystone Passport 2650BH, EQUAL-I-ZER 1K/10K

riflegunbuilder
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Montana mid-bunk. Really like it.

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
patperry2766 wrote:
jkwilson wrote:
Have you looked at the GD Solitude 3550BH?

I've only seen this one in a brochure cause the local dealer doesn't carry this model. It is the closest that I can find to what I'm wanting other than going to a toyhauler.

There is one in Buda listed on RVTrader. If they really have it the drive would be worth it IMO.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
jkwilson wrote:

I've only seen this one in a brochure cause the local dealer doesn't carry this model. It is the closest that I can find to what I'm wanting other than going to a toyhauler.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Cedar Creek Silverback has two floor plans one mid bunk and one with a rear extra room with a loft above, the only issue might be they do not have permanent bunks I think fold out sofa. Just a thought
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
The Montana High Country (a notch below the standard Montana) has a couple of bunk house models. I tend to agree with above that there is such a limited demand for high end bunk house the manufacturers just donโ€™t cater to it.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look at some toyhaulers. They have beds that fold down inside the garage to make it a second bedroom. Many have a second bath also.
B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
Well that is a pretty narrow market, usually by the time people have the money to burn on a higher end unit the kids have flown the coop. Keystone Cougar while not high end I think they are actually rated now for full time use - verify that one. Open range and Sandpipers have some also. Hemisphere/Heritage Glen makes a 295bh that has decent size bunks. You maybe able to find a used discontinued model that may only be a year or two old, they change floorplans all the time.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73