cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TOGO Problem

rayjavu
Explorer
Explorer
I'm electrically inept so don't be surprised if this is a stupid question. I bought a TOGO wifi and installed it on the roof of my truck camper per the instructions.It fired up and did all it was supposed to. Now the problem: It only works if I don't plug the shore power in. I have a 1995 Sun-Lite 850W camper that didn't come with any manuals. Is there an inverter in this camper? Do I have to flip a switch somewhere when I'm on 110v shore power?
Thanks,
Ray
7 REPLIES 7

Acampingwewillg
Explorer
Explorer
I did send a note off to Winegard and I got some info. Winegard will supply the Admin Code which I assume is needed to change SIM"s?? They also related that AT&T will offer a yearly plan still but capped at 100 GB along with monthly GB plans also. I bought the ToGo as a back up device so for my application, I'm not going to stress over AT&T and how they treat their customers....I should already know this by how screwed up Direct TV is now!!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

MrWizard
what converter do you have in the camper ( what makes the power to charge your camper battery )?
look at the camper 12vdc fuse panel and get the model number and post it here

sounds like a voltage problem, DC charge voltage too high, or too much ripple / interference
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
The AT&T $360 plan will NOT be renewed when it expires. No one will be Grandfathered in. AT&T will offer their normal broadband plans as a replacement. However Winegard will give you instructions on unlocking the roof top device so another carriers sim card can be used. Give Winegard a call.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just was told that the Togo/ATT $360 unlimited plan will be discontinued as of Jan 17, 2020. No news of a replacement plan as of yet or what those that have the unit can do. Here's what I found
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Acampingwewillg
Explorer
Explorer
Boy...I'm really messed up....you have it in a truck camper....anyways, make sure you have a HOT 12 volt power line. When I came back to edit the first time I saw the Moderator's Trailer...didn't realize someone had commented before me....I'll get it together sooner or later.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

Acampingwewillg
Explorer
Explorer
It runs off 12 volts so I hope that's what you have it tied into. Maybe you have it hooked up to a wire that only operates when the Ignition is on. Shore power should make no difference at all. The TOGO comes with a switch(12 volt switch) to power it on and off.

Sorry on edit....I realize now your in a towable so just be sure you are tied into a Hot 12 volt line from your battery. Also use the provided switch with a 3 amp fuse in line.
96 Vogue Prima Vista

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I cant help with the wiring problem but I doubt very much that your rig has in inverter in it unless it was installed by the previous owner or owners. You should have a converter to convert 120v to 12v but not the other way around.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine