Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: TOGO Problem
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> TOGO Problem

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
rayjavu

Illinois/Florida

View Profile

Posted: 12/14/19 04:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm electrically inept so don't be surprised if this is a stupid question. I bought a TOGO wifi and installed it on the roof of my truck camper per the instructions.It fired up and did all it was supposed to. Now the problem: It only works if I don't plug the shore power in. I have a 1995 Sun-Lite 850W camper that didn't come with any manuals. Is there an inverter in this camper? Do I have to flip a switch somewhere when I'm on 110v shore power?
Thanks,
Ray

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/14/19 06:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I cant help with the wiring problem but I doubt very much that your rig has in inverter in it unless it was installed by the previous owner or owners. You should have a converter to convert 120v to 12v but not the other way around.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
2019 Ram Limited 1500, 5.7L Hemi, 4x4, SB
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/14/19 06:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It runs off 12 volts so I hope that's what you have it tied into. Maybe you have it hooked up to a wire that only operates when the Ignition is on. Shore power should make no difference at all. The TOGO comes with a switch(12 volt switch) to power it on and off.

Sorry on edit....I realize now your in a towable so just be sure you are tied into a Hot 12 volt line from your battery. Also use the provided switch with a 3 amp fuse in line.

96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund, Senior Cavalier Rosie and Potter
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie and Mollie, Elvis Love You!

Rally's and get togethers-Lots

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/14/19 06:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boy...I'm really messed up....you have it in a truck camper....anyways, make sure you have a HOT 12 volt power line. When I came back to edit the first time I saw the Moderator's Trailer...didn't realize someone had commented before me....I'll get it together sooner or later.

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/18/19 03:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just was told that the Togo/ATT $360 unlimited plan will be discontinued as of Jan 17, 2020. No news of a replacement plan as of yet or what those that have the unit can do. Here's what I found

Our Phoenix Cruiser 2100, "Bob", has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

lryrob9301

Mid-Atlantic

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/18/19 08:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The AT&T $360 plan will NOT be renewed when it expires. No one will be Grandfathered in. AT&T will offer their normal broadband plans as a replacement. However Winegard will give you instructions on unlocking the roof top device so another carriers sim card can be used. Give Winegard a call.

2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2016 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD V6

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 10:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

what converter do you have in the camper ( what makes the power to charge your camper battery )?
look at the camper 12vdc fuse panel and get the model number and post it here

sounds like a voltage problem, DC charge voltage too high, or too much ripple / interference

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/19/19 04:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did send a note off to Winegard and I got some info. Winegard will supply the Admin Code which I assume is needed to change SIM"s?? They also related that AT&T will offer a yearly plan still but capped at 100 GB along with monthly GB plans also. I bought the ToGo as a back up device so for my application, I'm not going to stress over AT&T and how they treat their customers....I should already know this by how screwed up Direct TV is now!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> TOGO Problem
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.