Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: TOGO Problem
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> TOGO Problem

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
rayjavu

Illinois/Florida

View Profile

Posted: 12/14/19 04:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm electrically inept so don't be surprised if this is a stupid question. I bought a TOGO wifi and installed it on the roof of my truck camper per the instructions.It fired up and did all it was supposed to. Now the problem: It only works if I don't plug the shore power in. I have a 1995 Sun-Lite 850W camper that didn't come with any manuals. Is there an inverter in this camper? Do I have to flip a switch somewhere when I'm on 110v shore power?
Thanks,
Ray

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/14/19 06:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I cant help with the wiring problem but I doubt very much that your rig has in inverter in it unless it was installed by the previous owner or owners. You should have a converter to convert 120v to 12v but not the other way around.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/14/19 06:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It runs off 12 volts so I hope that's what you have it tied into. Maybe you have it hooked up to a wire that only operates when the Ignition is on. Shore power should make no difference at all. The TOGO comes with a switch(12 volt switch) to power it on and off.

Sorry on edit....I realize now your in a towable so just be sure you are tied into a Hot 12 volt line from your battery. Also use the provided switch with a 3 amp fuse in line.

96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/14/19 06:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boy...I'm really messed up....you have it in a truck camper....anyways, make sure you have a HOT 12 volt power line. When I came back to edit the first time I saw the Moderator's Trailer...didn't realize someone had commented before me....I'll get it together sooner or later.

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/18/19 03:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just was told that the Togo/ATT $360 unlimited plan will be discontinued as of Jan 17, 2020. No news of a replacement plan as of yet or what those that have the unit can do. Here's what I found

Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

lryrob9301

Mid-Atlantic

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/18/19 08:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The AT&T $360 plan will NOT be renewed when it expires. No one will be Grandfathered in. AT&T will offer their normal broadband plans as a replacement. However Winegard will give you instructions on unlocking the roof top device so another carriers sim card can be used. Give Winegard a call.

2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2016 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD V6

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 10:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

what converter do you have in the camper ( what makes the power to charge your camper battery )?
look at the camper 12vdc fuse panel and get the model number and post it here

sounds like a voltage problem, DC charge voltage too high, or too much ripple / interference

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/19/19 04:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did send a note off to Winegard and I got some info. Winegard will supply the Admin Code which I assume is needed to change SIM"s?? They also related that AT&T will offer a yearly plan still but capped at 100 GB along with monthly GB plans also. I bought the ToGo as a back up device so for my application, I'm not going to stress over AT&T and how they treat their customers....I should already know this by how screwed up Direct TV is now!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> TOGO Problem
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.