Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: RV Crushes Truck
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> RV Crushes Truck

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 29  
Prev  |  Next
librty02

Western Pa

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/19 09:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

ib516 wrote:

What I can't figure out is how it happened.

What did he do wrong?

VIDEO

What he did wrong was worrying too much about making Youtube videos when he should of been paying attention to what he was doing. Sorry, no sympathy whatsoever here.

This one YouTube video alone may make them enough $$$ to fix the truck and rig anddddd pay off half of that loan they just took out on the rig too....104k hits just after 3 days is BIG $$$

2011 FORD F-150 FX4 CREW CAB ECO...
2018 Ford F-150 Max Tow Crew 6.5 3.5 Eco...
2013 Keystone Passport 2650BH, EQUAL-I-ZER 1K/10K

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/16/19 09:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No tug test w/ legs still down!

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/19 09:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

librty02 wrote:

GDS-3950BH wrote:

ib516 wrote:

What I can't figure out is how it happened.

What did he do wrong?

VIDEO

What he did wrong was worrying too much about making Youtube videos when he should of been paying attention to what he was doing. Sorry, no sympathy whatsoever here.

This one YouTube video alone may make them enough $$$ to fix the truck and rig anddddd pay off half of that loan they just took out on the rig too....104k hits just after 3 days is BIG $$$

It might, if one can live with themselves by broadcasting "look at me, I'm a moron" on the net. If it was so easy to make the big bucks it's hard to believe anyone works real jobs for a living. Just do something stupid, like douse yourself with gas and light your leg on fire.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/19 09:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"It might, if one can live with themselves by broadcasting "look at me, I'm a moron" on the net."

You apparently don't spend much time on the internet if you think putting up video's that show you're an idiot are scarce. They're all over the place, plus the one's that show their kids nearly, and sometimes actually, getting hurt while they're busy videoing the whole thing. When it comes to this stuff, stupidity rules.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

romore

Okanagan valley British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/19 10:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You guys got this far without having done something stupid? [emoticon] I have dropped a trailer on my truck....twice. The first time I had a brain cramp and forgot to lock the hitch. The second time the owner dropped the legs and I didn't check to ensure the pins were engaged. Next time I move somebody elses trailer I do the hooking up and unhooking.

Second Chance

Wherever...

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/16/19 10:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

My guess is that it was HIGH hitched... The hitch head had nylon , and he added a new piece to the pin box... when he showed a close up after, there looked to be a small gap on the front left side of the pin box and hitch head.. Look at the 19.34 mark... you will see the gap..

Putting the break-away cable over the release handle was not smart, but I agree with the high-hitch theory. If you look at the space between the hitch plate and the pin box, it's WAY too much with that added [email protected] on top of the hitch plate in addition to the disk on the pin.

Rob

U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS and disc brakes
Solar
(Previously 4 yrs, 9 mos full-time in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/16/19 10:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ACZL wrote:

No tug test w/ legs still down!

Well hopefully someone will educate him, its clear he needs some education. Pull test would of prevented that drop for sure.

Its unfortunate that guy in the first of the video was not around when he hooked up, might have been able to help.

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/19 10:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

"It might, if one can live with themselves by broadcasting "look at me, I'm a moron" on the net."

You apparently don't spend much time on the internet if you think putting up video's that show you're an idiot are scarce. They're all over the place, plus the one's that show their kids nearly, and sometimes actually, getting hurt while they're busy videoing the whole thing. When it comes to this stuff, stupidity rules.

I probably spend too much time on the internet, according to her anyway. I have no desire to go out of my way searching out what some idiot did doing the stupid thing du jour though, no matter how good it is for a few laughs. Stupidity rules is putting it mildly.

Super_Dave

Harrisville, UT

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/19 10:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just felt happier about having a ball hitch.

Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 2003 Jetcraft 2125 - Yamaha 150 HP & 8 HP Kicker

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/19 10:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Face it it's a crappy hitch design!

Look at 21:34 the pinbox and top of hitch head are tight to each other. It's NOT high hitched.

At 19:45 it shows the slide bar is right where it should be. If high hitched you would have seen it then.

I'm telling ya there have been MANY dropped RV's with this type of hitch with no reasonable explanation.

* This post was edited 12/16/19 10:46am by Cummins12V98 *

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 29  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> RV Crushes Truck
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.