Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: RV Crushes Truck
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> RV Crushes Truck

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 29  
Prev  |  Next
MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/25/19 08:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

If I were to go back to a fifth wheel I would seriously consider a gooseneck adapter hitch and forget about those bulky fifth wheel hitch's that's a pain to remove and takes up bed space.

Before getting that GN adapter, take a look at the B&W 3300! Top is 75 lbs, base 78 lbs. Easy in/out, can be wife installed if needed![emoticon]

Jerry

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/25/19 08:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

" As a hint to my age I drew my first SS check in November."

Not a real hint, as you can draw SS much later than when meeting first age requirement.

My Grandmother worked as a postmaster until mandatory retirement. She lived to be 90, but never signed up for SS. She claimed she didn't need it (true), and did not want to waste the governments money. WHOSE money?? Go figure

Jerry

rickeoni

home

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/19 10:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The video is up, can we generate another 20 pages and several thousand views?

2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

jerem0621

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/19 11:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rickeoni wrote:

Only if someone provides the Link [emoticon]

Thanks!

Car Camper-Transport Vehicle is a 2011 Chevy Tahoe
Eureka Timberline 4
Favorite Brands:
Coleman, REI, Ozark Trail, and misc. Yard Sale finds

Family time is the best time!

~It’s kind of fun to do the impossible~
- Walt Disney-

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/19 12:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jerem0621 wrote:

rickeoni wrote:

Only if someone provides the Link [emoticon]

Thanks!

Pretty much said it from the start, too much slip plates, would not let handle close, sure hope this puts the high hitch to bed ,yes ,call it a high hitch if you must ,but in the classic high hitch sense, that is not what happened here. He had the two together.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/19 12:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like some of his comments, the guy is learning. He's got the truck fixed , looks good, from the video, looks like a nice older truck.

I am surprised that many could see a gap, when I MO there was none, it looked the same when the guy was helping before they took off that extra slip plate. To me its an illusion of a gap there, but not.

What is amazing here is its a fact there was one in particular here that was asked to look again at the video, and acknowledge the fact the handle was not closed, but instead just insisted on high hitch. It seems we have some that can't be wrong or acknowledge the fact of what actually happened here . Sure it was high hitched if that is what will make some happy ,but in reality it was just held a bit too high with that extra slip plate , and put a bind on the handle being able to close properly.

* This post was edited 12/26/19 01:31pm by cummins2014 *

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/19 12:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

" As a hint to my age I drew my first SS check in November."

Not a real hint, as you can draw SS much later than when meeting first age requirement.

My Grandmother worked as a postmaster until mandatory retirement. She lived to be 90, but never signed up for SS. She claimed she didn't need it (true), and did not want to waste the governments money. WHOSE money?? Go figure

Jerry

Pretty much defer as long as you want, is there any age requirement as far how long, say you want to take it when you are 80

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/19 01:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Didn't mean to go off topic, but thought thread had died. To answer question, I don't think any requirement, but after a certain point your benefits will be maxed out.

Only a hitch expert though, so you may need to do further research, concerning SS.

Jerry

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/19 01:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

Didn't mean to go off topic, but thought thread had died. To answer question, I don't think any requirement, but after a certain point your benefits will be maxed out.

Only a hitch expert though, so you may need to do further research, concerning SS.

Jerry

No need ,I was just curious , been collecting the governments money for nearly 10 years [emoticon]

Back to the topic.

bpounds

Sophmore Brain...

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/19 03:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A high-pin is a physical position, not a procedure. Simply means the recess in the pin is too high for the jaws to engage it. I suspect a pin on top of the jaws is less common that what we had here, where the pin was just slightly too high.

Anyway, I also appreciated this last installment of the video, and I'm happy to see that they got a good handle on what they did wrong. And also give them props for not blaming the hitch, but accepting responsibility for their mistake. Basically it is 99.9% never the fault of the hitch, regardless of what brand or design. My opinion is that particular hitch is more complicated than it should be.

2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 29  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> RV Crushes Truck
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.