Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: RV Crushes Truck
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> RV Crushes Truck

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 29  
Prev  |  Next
cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/29/19 10:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

Dave H M wrote:

I see a possible one for the guiness book here. Surely I am wrong but i count like 51 cummins posts in the first dozen pages. [emoticon]

Is zat possible. [emoticon]

He is a very knowledgeable guy that knows more than most on this forum. Therefore his posts are greatly appreciated by many!

Did you not comprehend 51 cummins posts, you should of included me also , not just 12v98 [emoticon]

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/29/19 10:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Me Again wrote:

Dave H M wrote:

I see a possible one for the guiness book here. Surely I am wrong but i count like 51 cummins posts in the first dozen pages. [emoticon]

Is zat possible. [emoticon]

He is a very knowledgeable guy that knows more than most on this forum. Therefore his posts are greatly appreciated by many!

I agree cummins2014 is da man.

Well, thank you, Again ,and Again left me out . I was starting to feel really left out here [emoticon]

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/30/19 06:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WELL.....

I may as well add to this love fest...... I appreciate BOTH the cummins's posts... BOTH are very knowledgable, and not afraid to express their opinion..

Thus making it an interesting read most of the time [emoticon]

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/19 07:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

WELL.....

I may as well add to this love fest...... I appreciate BOTH the cummins's posts... BOTH are very knowledgable, and not afraid to express their opinion..

You gots dat right "MOST OF THE TIME" [emoticon]

Hey, late Merry Christmas!

* This post was edited 12/30/19 07:57am by Cummins12V98 *

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

bpounds

Sophmore Brain...

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/30/19 09:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

It ain't so much the things that people don't know that makes trouble in this world, as it is the things that people know that ain't so. Mark Twain

Quote:

The trouble with our...friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

I am always drawn first to the opinion page of a newspaper. I guess I enjoy reading stuff that I know just ain't true. Reminds me of this forum sometimes.

All in fun guys. [emoticon]

2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/30/19 11:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bpounds wrote:

Quote:

It ain't so much the things that people don't know that makes trouble in this world, as it is the things that people know that ain't so. Mark Twain

Quote:

The trouble with our...friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

I am always drawn first to the opinion page of a newspaper. I guess I enjoy reading stuff that I know just ain't true. Reminds me of this forum sometimes.

All in fun guys. [emoticon]

Do they still sell newspapers [emoticon]

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/19 12:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

Do they still sell newspapers [emoticon]

Yes. But it normally leads to staff reduction in the news and opinion side. Smaller news holes between the ads.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/30/19 03:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

WELL.....

You gots dat right "MOST OF THE TIME" [emoticon]

Hey, late Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you and your family over on the LEFT coast !!

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/30/19 08:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Snip...

Their is one fact here, he put a bind on the handle closing. The handle would not close, he pulled out ,and dropped the fifth wheel . I will repeat, saw it first hand in Montana two summers ago in a small RV park , same thing, except he realized his handle was not closing. The disk plate was banged up a little ,and was warped , holding it up just enough to put a bind on the handle. Took the disc off ,all was good. Handle closed ,and off he went.

* This post was edited 12/31/19 11:10am by an administrator/moderator *

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/30/19 10:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

Snip...

Their is one fact here, he put a bind on the handle closing. The handle would not close, he pulled out ,and dropped the fifth wheel . I will repeat, saw it first hand in Montana two summers ago in a small RV park , same thing, except he realized his handle was not closing. The disk plate was banged up a little ,and was warped , holding it up just enough to put a bind on the handle. Took the disc off ,all was good. Handle closed ,and off he went.

I glad the you acknowledge that to many slip discs can cause a high hitch condition.

What we do not know is the full sequence, as the video is highly edited. RCMAN46's one photo shows what appears to be a sliding bar behind the king pin at some point in the sequence.

Update: Part #3 is now available. Extra slip disc seemed to be causing the problem of not latching correctly, cause a higher than normal hitch up and create the uncoupling problems, when he finally got it hitched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHsVk46M........pX0uYyieSzlk2qh04cmobtZPM0jY5_iId0JFk_IQ

You may have to back it up to the beginning.

Also, I can not find documentation on the older Husky 24K EZ Roller. However the latch handle does not have enough travel to be a true sliding bar hitch. Final concussion is that the extra slip disc caused it to be to high to latch correctly. Truly a case that a tug test would have exposed.

* This post was last edited 12/31/19 11:11am by an administrator/moderator *   View edit history

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 29  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> RV Crushes Truck
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.