cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Park Reviews

dennis1949
Explorer
Explorer
'm I the only one not happy with the new RV Park Reviews web site. They made an easy web
site hard to use and find out what info you were looking for
Dennis Carpenter
Decatur Alabama
2012 GMC 3/4 ton Z71 Diesel
2016 Forest River Blue Ridge. 3045 RL
37 REPLIES 37

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am finding Campground Reviews a bit difficult to use, but then I have not used it much since the change in format. Don't mind the zooming in on an area looking for a CG. We rarely know where we are going till there are plans to go there.

CGR is only one of about 3 sources of info used. CGR is missing a bunch of CGs because it is user driven. I have been a contributor for some years & have added a few over the years & make an effort to give a fresh review if we stop at one that has not had a review in awhile.

I will have to change my rating system a little now that the max is a 5 star. No problem. Start with a 5 & deduct a 1/2 for every negative issue worth mentioning.

The site is still only as good as we make it.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Edd505 wrote:
Tried to post the latest park I am in. After 70 reviews in 20 states I can not post to the "new" site. I use(d) the site all the time for the reviews by people that had been there. Error occurred token mismatch or similar. Cleaned cache & restarted and tried to post a second time, still no go. Don't get it fixed soon I'll start using RV Parky exclusivity.

RV Park Reviews is an RVLife forum. They have a strong support group. Report your problem to them by clicking on the "Contact Us" tab in the small brown ribbon on the bottom of the screen.
Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Edd505 wrote:
Tried to post the latest park I am in. After 70 reviews in 20 states I can not post to the "new" site. I use(d) the site all the time for the reviews by people that had been there. Error occurred token mismatch or similar. Cleaned cache & restarted and tried to post a second time, still no go.

Though I've never had a problem on a review upload, I will write my reviews on MS word first then do a copy & paste to CR.

Good Luck
Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Edd505 wrote:
Tried to post the latest park I am in. After 70 reviews in 20 states I can not post to the "new" site. I use(d) the site all the time for the reviews by people that had been there. Error occurred token mismatch or similar. Cleaned cache & restarted and tried to post a second time, still no go. Don't get it fixed soon I'll start using RV Parky exclusivity.

Marcus you need to get this fixed soon before you loose more people. Just researched a new Suburban 12 gallon water heater, CW lists $1002 and PPL Motor $480 with free shipping, most places were $600 or less. I can guarantee I would not pay double under any circumstance. CW has gone down hill in RV service & price, 10% off still makes it $900. Now what was a good place to find RV park info has gone to $hit. Great way to keep any one as loyal customers. All your going to get are newbies that you can take advantage of, way to run a business.
Good Sam Enterprises(Corporate Umbrella that owns Camping World) has absolutely no affiliation with campgroundreviews.com (the old rvparkreviews.com) so Marcus isn't going to be fixing it.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer

Marcus you need to get this fixed soon before you loose more people. Just researched a new Suburban 12 gallon water heater, CW lists $1002 and PPL Motor $480 with free shipping, most places were $600 or less. I can guarantee I would not pay double under any circumstance. CW has gone down hill in RV service & price, 10% off still makes it $900. Now what was a good place to find RV park info has gone to $hit. Great way to keep any one as loyal customers. All your going to get are newbies that you can take advantage of, way to run a business.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Rice
Explorer
Explorer
GDS-3950BH wrote:
As far as adding advertisements, that is how they make money, its the business model. If not for the ads, none of their sites would exist. They're not doing it for fun to provide a free public service.

Yet the people who contribute the reviews that are the backbone of the site do it to provide a free public service.

I just went to the website and couldn't tell from the reviews if a campground I was looking at has electric hookups, so I looked at the "amenities" section, but you have to log in to see the list. Grrrrrr.

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
Campfire Time wrote:
CFerguson wrote:

Same here. I had a bad experience in a large Myrtle Beach RV park, complete with lying employees and management that couldn't be bothered. Posted the facts and was told that RVPR didn't believe me. Despite having multiple reviews already on site.
I came to the conclusion that the worst of the reviews are quashed to either protect them legally or because their business depends on Sunshine Happy Faces.

Keep in mind that for a long time the site was moderated by a group of full timers that only worked on approving reviews occasionally. There was a point when it could take a couple of weeks to see a review approved and posted. There were some during that time period that were heavy handed. A single spelling mistake would get the review kicked. And for some odd reason certain negative reviews were rejected also. Didn't make a lot of sense because I posted some negative stuff around the same time period and had no problem. But that stopped a long time ago and the past few years have been pretty good.

GDS-3950BH wrote:

IMO if your letting reviews on that site steer you away from certain campgrounds you're probably avoiding some really nice ones. There are plenty with mediocre reviews that are really nice places, but because Joe Blow could not get his 92' rig into a 30' site, had to put a 2X under a tire to level and seen a fly in the showerhouse he chastised the park.

That's true of any reviews on any product or service. Just have to learn to read between the lines and weed out the junk.

Exactly, my comment was directed at an earlier post;

"In the past if a park had a rating of 6 or less, we just moved on. Now I found a couple of parks of interest and they were rated as a 4. Was horrified until I realized the new system only goes up to 5."

As far as wanting "sunshine happy faces", there is some truth to that and its more than evident on their forums.

As far as adding advertisements, that is how they make money, its the business model. If not for the ads, none of their sites would exist. They're not doing it for fun to provide a free public service.

Rice
Explorer
Explorer
What I hate about it is that I can no longer get a useful listing of all the RV parks in a town. Previously, it would give a list of all of them on a single page, and the 3 latest reviews for each. I could scroll down and kind of get a feel for the types of RV parks available, glancing at the price and reviews of each without having to click anywhere else.

No longer. Now I get a list and a map, and I have to click on each one individually to get any information, and when I do, the formatting makes me have to scroll like a madman because of (a)nother map, then photos, then tips, and when I finally get to the reviews, there are five per page. Shoot, I used to get three per page, with all the parks on the same page, still with the opportunity to click on an individual park if I wanted more information.

I hate it.

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Campfire Time/mdcamping, thanks for the discussion on this issue. That's good to know that someone wasn't just promoting his fav park or that it was because he was accepting cash under the table or something similar.
Hope they sort out the bugs soon. That was a convenient site to get a first quick look at area campgrounds.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Campfire Time wrote:
Keep in mind that for a long time the site was moderated by a group of full timers that only worked on approving reviews occasionally. There was a point when it could take a couple of weeks to see a review approved and posted. There were some during that time period that were heavy handed. A single spelling mistake would get the review kicked. And for some odd reason certain negative reviews were rejected also. Didn't make a lot of sense because I posted some negative stuff around the same time period and had no problem. But that stopped a long time ago and the past few years have been pretty good.

And to go back even further, there was a time period before that when almost everything went through, remember reading the reviews on one campground, as the reviews were just commenting on each other...

Overall, I think its a good thing to have some level of screening on the reviews or adhering to guidelines. IMO

Been posting reviews on campground reviews for 12 yrs, I try to make an effort to be objective. My observation better than 90% of the members do the same

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
CFerguson wrote:

Same here. I had a bad experience in a large Myrtle Beach RV park, complete with lying employees and management that couldn't be bothered. Posted the facts and was told that RVPR didn't believe me. Despite having multiple reviews already on site.
I came to the conclusion that the worst of the reviews are quashed to either protect them legally or because their business depends on Sunshine Happy Faces.

GDS-3950BH wrote:

IMO if your letting reviews on that site steer you away from certain campgrounds you're probably avoiding some really nice ones. There are plenty with mediocre reviews that are really nice places, but because Joe Blow could not get his 92' rig into a 30' site, had to put a 2X under a tire to level and seen a fly in the showerhouse he chastised the park.

That's true of any reviews on any product or service. Just have to learn to read between the lines and weed out the junk.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
Operated by the same folks that give you @ 3 dozen+ online boards related to everything from specific RV brands to the band U2 or cooking. A couple of folks sitting in some office, letting volunteers do most of the work gratis with the only compensation being getting to feel important, while raking in the cash every time someone clicks a link. Nothing wrong with that, it's business. They'll configure it based on what brings them the most income. If one does not like it, don't visit it.

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just tried to sign in 3 times and some message about "419 time expired" keeps popping up.
Hope they get this fixed. This is,was, my go to site.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
+1 for please unfix it.
I cant even get on the site anymore- I just get a blank page. Most likely from my security settings/measures (which I wont give up).