Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV Park Reviews
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Airdaile

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/19 02:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BTW, the site is campgroundreviews.com now. Run by the same company that runs RV Trip Wizard. They have integrated reviews into trip wizard. Pretty handy feature.

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/17/19 03:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just got my first peek at the site. What messed with my mind the most is the new rating system. In the past if a park had a rating of 6 or less, we just moved on. Now I found a couple of parks of interest and they were rated as a 4. Was horrified until I realized the new system only goes up to 5. This will take some getting used to as will the rest of the site.

Our Phoenix Cruiser 2100, "Bob", has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Lwiddis

Monterey, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/17/19 05:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IMO the new staff are a bunch of rookies that never camped a day in their life.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/17/19 07:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reading about the new improved I had to go look as I used it frequently. I both posted reviews and searched for RV parks as I traveled. They mucked up what was a very usable into a mess, no more search an area around. Please unfix it! As is I will likely look some where else for RV parks as I travel, RV Parky comes to mind.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 08:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

+1 for please unfix it.
I cant even get on the site anymore- I just get a blank page. Most likely from my security settings/measures (which I wont give up).

docsouce

Seekonk Ma.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/18/19 08:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just tried to sign in 3 times and some message about "419 time expired" keeps popping up.
Hope they get this fixed. This is,was, my go to site.

2016 Thor Freedom Elite 22e
Just right for the two of us!

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/19 04:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Operated by the same folks that give you @ 3 dozen+ online boards related to everything from specific RV brands to the band U2 or cooking. A couple of folks sitting in some office, letting volunteers do most of the work gratis with the only compensation being getting to feel important, while raking in the cash every time someone clicks a link. Nothing wrong with that, it's business. They'll configure it based on what brings them the most income. If one does not like it, don't visit it.

IMO if your letting reviews on that site steer you away from certain campgrounds you're probably avoiding some really nice ones. There are plenty with mediocre reviews that are really nice places, but because Joe Blow could not get his 92' rig into a 30' site, had to put a 2X under a tire to level and seen a fly in the showerhouse he chastised the park.

Campfire Time

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/19 10:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CFerguson wrote:

Same here. I had a bad experience in a large Myrtle Beach RV park, complete with lying employees and management that couldn't be bothered. Posted the facts and was told that RVPR didn't believe me. Despite having multiple reviews already on site.
I came to the conclusion that the worst of the reviews are quashed to either protect them legally or because their business depends on Sunshine Happy Faces.

Keep in mind that for a long time the site was moderated by a group of full timers that only worked on approving reviews occasionally. There was a point when it could take a couple of weeks to see a review approved and posted. There were some during that time period that were heavy handed. A single spelling mistake would get the review kicked. And for some odd reason certain negative reviews were rejected also. Didn't make a lot of sense because I posted some negative stuff around the same time period and had no problem. But that stopped a long time ago and the past few years have been pretty good.

GDS-3950BH wrote:

IMO if your letting reviews on that site steer you away from certain campgrounds you're probably avoiding some really nice ones. There are plenty with mediocre reviews that are really nice places, but because Joe Blow could not get his 92' rig into a 30' site, had to put a 2X under a tire to level and seen a fly in the showerhouse he chastised the park.

That's true of any reviews on any product or service. Just have to learn to read between the lines and weed out the junk.

Chuck D.
“Adventure is just bad planning.” - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid, 2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71

mdcamping

CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/19/19 01:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Campfire Time wrote:

Keep in mind that for a long time the site was moderated by a group of full timers that only worked on approving reviews occasionally. There was a point when it could take a couple of weeks to see a review approved and posted. There were some during that time period that were heavy handed. A single spelling mistake would get the review kicked. And for some odd reason certain negative reviews were rejected also. Didn't make a lot of sense because I posted some negative stuff around the same time period and had no problem. But that stopped a long time ago and the past few years have been pretty good.

And to go back even further, there was a time period before that when almost everything went through, remember reading the reviews on one campground, as the reviews were just commenting on each other...

Overall, I think its a good thing to have some level of screening on the reviews or adhering to guidelines. IMO

Been posting reviews on campground reviews for 12 yrs, I try to make an effort to be objective. My observation better than 90% of the members do the same

Mike

07 Toyota Tacoma,Double Cab, Max Towing 6,500lbs GCWR 11,100lbs
2011 Jayco X20E, Pro Series 800lb Weight Distributing Hitch
Husky Sway Bar, Prodigy Electronic Brake Control
McKesh Mirrors. "Towing with 200K"

Where we have camped

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/19 05:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Campfire Time/mdcamping, thanks for the discussion on this issue. That's good to know that someone wasn't just promoting his fav park or that it was because he was accepting cash under the table or something similar.
Hope they sort out the bugs soon. That was a convenient site to get a first quick look at area campgrounds.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.