cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Southside RV Park Tucson, AZ

junmy3
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to be in Tucson at the first of March. Does anyone know about this park. I found it on Passport America, but there are not any reviews at CampgroundReviews.com. If not do you have any recommendations in Tucson. I am not sure when snowbirds start leaving but I am thinking that most of the area campgrounds will be full and it may be hard to find a place. Thanks
Jim & Junnie
2016 Jay Flight 27RLS
8 REPLIES 8

ThomBoles
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not sure the cost as we are here on a 3 month rate but Voyager has a nice park with a whole section of transient sites. We're just off I-10 at the Kolb Road exit. My guess is more than $30/night though.
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Thom and Diane Boles
2010 Winnebago Vista 32K

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
I also suggest you try the Pima county fair grounds just south of I10 offf houghton road. I think they are open then but do know you cannot stay there starting April.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
The base has parking with no hook up one can use while you are on a waiting list for a full hook up site. If you donโ€™t mind boon docking for a couple of days you might try this. I would call them to make sure you can get a dry site.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

junmy3
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
With all the nice places to stay in Tucson, why this park?

I want to stay at the Air Force Base but they don't take reservations. I don't want to make reservations else where hoping to get in at the base. Just looking at other options. 2
Jim & Junnie
2016 Jay Flight 27RLS

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:

PPA = cheap nightly

RV Camp reviews 1 as follows:
This RV Park is basically an old mobile home park. The sites are a concrete slab to park next to with water/electric/sewer hookups. The sites are dirt and gravel. There are no restroom/shower facilities. There is nothing except a place to park and hookup. The owner is friendly. Normal rate is $30, which is way too expensive for what it is, but the Passport America rate made this an OK place to spend the night. There is a train that runs once or twice during the day, but I never heard it at night. It is near the airport, but I never heard any plane noise during our stay. It is behind the Circle K gas station with no sign. Call the number and the owner will direct you to your site. We would stay here again. We camped at South Side RV Park in a Motorhome
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

junmy3
Explorer
Explorer
DFord wrote:
Last January we stayed at "Vista Del Rey Mobile Home & RV Park" in Tucson for a week while visiting friends in the area. The cost was $160 for 7 nights. I believe it was a PPA park at the time. There wasn't much going on there but it was quiet and no one bothered us. The caretaker was friendly. We would stay there again at that rate.

Thanks for the reply. I saw that park while looking at parks in the area. Some of the reviews were mixed but the fact that you would stay there again is very helpful.
Jim & Junnie
2016 Jay Flight 27RLS

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Last January we stayed at "Vista Del Rey Mobile Home & RV Park" in Tucson for a week while visiting friends in the area. The cost was $160 for 7 nights. I believe it was a PPA park at the time. There wasn't much going on there but it was quiet and no one bothered us. The caretaker was friendly. We would stay there again at that rate.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System