cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ToGo a No-Go

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
The store got a notice from Winegard yesterday about the ToGo. In case you missed it, ToGo is a WiFi/Cell antennas and booster with a built in wireless router and a SIM card from AT&T data service. The data price was $360 for the year and that got you unlimited, unthrottled data.

From the to-good-to-be-true department, the notice from Winegard said that AT&T was dropping the unlimited on Jan 15 and the new data schedule is in line with their normal data service prices. Surprise, surprise!

I was planning on getting one of these in the spring but now I will pass. You would need another cell provider as a backup anyway because AT&T's coverage isn't everywhere. I was going to drop the FMCA Verizon plan and use my Verizon cell data as a backup.

So, if you want to get in on the grandfathered price on the ToGo data plan, you have until Jan 15th to activate.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox
9 REPLIES 9

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
OK TOGO owners watch this video:

youtube

All maynot be lost Winegard is going to unlock the domes.

LOL...she says its an "unprecedented" move by AT&T. Funny.

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:
AccorEVERY month !!ding to visible.com it's $25 for the first month, and $40 each month after that.

Mike

Visible "Party Pay" - $25 per month. - EVERY month !!

A party of four = $25. per month (each).

See the details on page 3 of thread: "Mobile Hot Spots" in this forum.
(See both posts - with links - by Tom on Pg. 3).

:C

On edit: It's been moved to the "Technology Corner".
(Surprised a *Moderator* started this thread in "Tech issues", LOL)

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
AT&T will not renew your $360 plan when it comes due. You are not grandfathered in like most plans. You will have to renew under the new rate schedule or unlock your device and use another providers sim card. Call Winegard for instructions.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
OK TOGO owners watch this video:

youtube

All maynot be lost Winegard is going to unlock the domes.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
According to visible.com it's $25 for the first month, and $40 each month after that.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

PNW_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
The store got a notice from Winegard yesterday about the ToGo. In case you missed it, ToGo is a WiFi/Cell antennas and booster with a built in wireless router and a SIM card from AT&T data service. The data price was $360 for the year and that got you unlimited, unthrottled data.

From the to-good-to-be-true department, the notice from Winegard said that AT&T was dropping the unlimited on Jan 15 and the new data schedule is in line with their normal data service prices. Surprise, surprise!

I was planning on getting one of these in the spring but now I will pass. You would need another cell provider as a backup anyway because AT&T's coverage isn't everywhere. I was going to drop the FMCA Verizon plan and use my Verizon cell data as a backup.

So, if you want to get in on the grandfathered price on the ToGo data plan, you have until Jan 15th to activate.

Suggestion:

Look on EBay for unlimited data AT&T. You can get an AT&T SIM card for an unlimited, unthrottled data plan for $35 a month. I have one in a Netgear hotspot. I have been using it for about six months. We watch Netflix and Amazon prime when we travel. We have hit 50gig in one month without throttling.

Another slick deal out there now from Verizon. The have another service offering sold as Visible cellular. Unlimited everything for as little as $25 a month. The hot-spot function limits you to one connected device. I have tethered mine to an OpenWRT router to increase range and allow multiple devices connected.
2004.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, NV5400, 5" turbo back stainless exhaust, Edger programmer & 22.5 Alcoa's
2002 Forest River 36 5th Wheel (staying home)
1992 Jayco 29 5th Wheel (Mexico veteran & headed back)
2002 "faux" Wanderlodge 40' My new toy....

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Glad we just got it last week ๐Ÿ™‚
Even if it only lasts a year, weโ€™re about $800 ahead, including all hardware and data, from our old Vz mifi
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well, at least I don't feel quite as bad.... I bought the Winegard Connect2 last January and while it works well, the data plan from Winegard is expensive. Then the ToGo came out a few months later, which got me PO'd. They did drop the price for data in mid year and I'm hoping it drops some more.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

agesilaus
Explorer II