Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Zero emissions trucks, California?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Zero emissions trucks, California?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 08:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"By Decree", That sings doesn't it? "By Decree" LOL.

Enjoy.

* This post was edited 12/18/19 12:19pm by an administrator/moderator *

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 09:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ya just gotta laugh
bumpy

schlep1967

Harrisburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/18/19 09:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kinda makes me wonder where they are going to get all the electric to charge all these high draw devices. Will it be from those old power lines that keep setting the state on fire?
What fossil fuel are they going to burn to make that much electricity?

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
2009 Open Range 385RLS
Pull-Rite Super Glide

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 09:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

More than a quarter of Kali's power comes from outside the state.
Energy

And with this proposal, needs would jump drastically, since they dont allow new Nuke plants for environmental fears, and existing ones now supply less than 10% of their needs. New Hydro is unlikely due to habitat effects, get ready for more windmills near you. OR a whole lot more coal, gas, and oil burning plants just outside your border being fired up.

winniman

muskoka Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 10:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

schlep1967 wrote:

Kinda makes me wonder where they are going to get all the electric to charge all these high draw devices. Will it be from those old power lines that keep setting the state on fire?
What fossil fuel are they going to burn to make that much electricity?

The answer is quite simple. You just wont be driving. They will make it so expensive only rich people will be driving anything. Everyone else will be waiting in line for the transit to show up. Maybe regular people could afford a bicycle.

* This post was edited 12/18/19 10:31am by winniman *

RAS43

Littleton,CO

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 11:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

winniman wrote:

The answer is quite simple. You just wont be driving. They will make it so expensive only rich people will be driving anything. Everyone else will be waiting in line for the transit to show up. Maybe regular people could afford a bicycle.

But they are talking about trucks, not cars or personal vehicles. So how will you get all the food you eat, the gas for your vehicle, clothes to wear, and just about every product you buy since they all come to the store where you shop buy TRUCK!!

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 11:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

California's economy ranks 5th in the WORLD.I think they can and will do what works for them. Don't like it don't live there. I've always found them on the cutting edge no matter what the discussion.
Between wind and solar they could double their energy is a few short years.

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

discovery4us

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/18/19 01:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Cutting edge" yes, but not always in a good way and ALWAYS at a cost. While I disagree with most of the decisions CA makes I find it a trade off for all the opportunities that these decisions make in redoing and rebuilding. I think most states have similar issues but CA tends to "boast their accomplishments" before they are proven to work.

On a side note with all the solar panels being installed they are helping offset global warming by shading and cooling thousands of acres of Earth [emoticon][emoticon][emoticon]. But by cooling these areas they are eliminating habitable areas for snakes and kangaroo rats which will keep them on an endangered list.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 01:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

But do all those solar panel actually contribute to a net cooling effect? Seems like they would absorb a lot of energy that will be radiated out instead of reflected back. They are less than 50% efficient, so seems like that would be a lot of heat radiated from the panels. JMO of course.

And where will the electricity come from if they have to shut down many of the lines as they did this year in lieu of the widespread fires?

I'm sure they don't worry too much about 10 years in the future, as they figure it will be some else's problem by then.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

4x4ord

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 01:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

New diesel engine and exhaust filtering technology is being developed that might make zero emission diesel trucks a possibility in the near future. Maybe zero emission doesn't neccesarily mean electric.

2017 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Zero emissions trucks, California?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.