Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Zero emissions trucks, California?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Zero emissions trucks, California?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
danrclem

Ky.

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 04:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm sure that not too many truck drivers from other states are going to buy an electric truck just to deliver goods to California. Things had better advance a whole lot in the next 10 years for them to be useable. How long would it take to charge a battery big enough to carry those huge loads.

All I could afford

North jersey

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 09:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I haven’t been to California since 1986. Id like to visit again before it all dries up and falls into the ocean, but my passport has expired

1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollin’ on 33’s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/18/19 09:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

More than a quarter of Kali's power comes from outside the state.
Energy

And with this proposal, needs would jump drastically, since they dont allow new Nuke plants for environmental fears, and existing ones now supply less than 10% of their needs. New Hydro is unlikely due to habitat effects, get ready for more windmills near you. OR a whole lot more coal, gas, and oil burning plants just outside your border being fired up.

Just west of Kingman, Az are two power plants that send 100% of their power to California. Why because California Enviros wouldn't let dirty power generation plants be built in California.
There are four more south of here and 90% of their energy production goes to California. They will demand another two or three electrical generation plants in Az, no doubt to fuel all those electrical new vehicles including trucks. The Californians figure electrical power comes from Sacramento connected wall plugs.

* This post was edited 12/18/19 10:59pm by down home *

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 11:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I thi k we have a sensitive moderator from Cali on here!

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 11:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home wrote:

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

More than a quarter of Kali's power comes from outside the state.
Energy

And with this proposal, needs would jump drastically, since they dont allow new Nuke plants for environmental fears, and existing ones now supply less than 10% of their needs. New Hydro is unlikely due to habitat effects, get ready for more windmills near you. OR a whole lot more coal, gas, and oil burning plants just outside your border being fired up.

Just west of Kingman, Az are two power plants that send 100% of their power to California. Why because California Enviros wouldn't let dirty power generation plants be built in California.
There are four more south of here and 90% of their energy production goes to California. They will demand another two or three electrical generation plants in Az, no doubt to fuel all those electrical new vehicles including trucks. The Californians figure electrical power comes from Sacramento connected wall plugs.

Nice!
So theoretically we could pull the plug on Cali, remotely?

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/19 04:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They're making it harder and harder to pretend that the problem does not exist. But, IMO history will repeated.

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

danrclem

Ky.

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/19 09:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

California is making their own rope.

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/19 10:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would think you will see many autonomous trucks on the interstates in the very near future and most of those will be electric. Probable in caravans with one backup driver for every 4 double trailer trucks.
The cost saving to the big trucking outfits just cannot be ignored. Like some trucks that haul 3 trailers today go from on yard to another yard mils and miles away.
I think we an hide and watch on these electrics and so many others. The future is here like it or not.

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/19 11:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"The future is here like it or not."

Well, not quite yet. Getting closer, maybe, but still a ways off.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/19 04:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We see the electric semis several times in the Detroit area and of course several disguised electric vehicles. If you think the electric future is far off just wait about 3 yeaars and this will not be a topic.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Zero emissions trucks, California?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.