Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Typical problem we all see in RV parks.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Typical problem we all see in RV parks.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
CarnationSailor

Carnation,WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/20/19 08:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Many of the RV parks I have been to do segregate the long-term residents (many of whom work) from the short-term or overnighters. As to this form of discrimination being illegal, it isn't. Discrimination, per se, is not illegal. It is only illegal if a law says it is, such as based on race, sex, etc.

2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

RAllison

Millersburg,ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/20/19 08:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm starting to notice the older I get the more I gripe about things I did when I was a youngster.

CarnationSailor

Carnation,WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/20/19 08:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RAllison wrote:

I'm starting to notice the older I get the more I gripe about things I did when I was a youngster.

X2

2003silverado

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 08:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stock diesels, even the older loud ones idling don't bother me. What does bother me is people who have modified their truck because they like to be heard and they let them idle endlessly.

Even an old car with a failing exhaust system idling doesn't bother me because the owner didn't intentionally make their car loud. I like to be understanding of peoples lifestyles, but intentionally making a vehicle louder and then letting it run long periods at inappropriate times crosses the line from generally acceptable to selfish IMHO.

Merry Christmas!

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 09:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spade Cooley wrote:

Is it just me or have others experienced the loud trucks doing a warm up in the early morning in preparation to go to work. It happens to me no matter where I go.

We have a nice mother and daughter living across the street here in the park. The daughter is in her thirties and has a job at a motel down the road. She starts the loudest truck on the planet at 0645 and allows it to warm up rather than just put it in drive off. I'm an early riser but why do workers in rv parks need to disturb others?

I respect the fact that people need work and make a living but parks could place these rigs together in an area by themselves. Am I the only one griping about this?
I am pretty sure there are people in that park that would like nothing more than to be segregated away from you as well. Almost everyone does something that annoys someone else.
It is impossible for a park to segregate everyone from all the things that potentially annoy others. The list of things people grip about is nearly endless. Sure, there could be a section only for workers, but that site next to you could still be a vacationing family with a half dozen screaming children and a couple of barking dogs. They could still get up early every morning, start up the diesel pickup that tows their fifth wheel, noisily load everything they need for the day, gather up the kids and dogs and head out on their day's adventure. Then they could return 20 minutes later and park with the truck idling as little Joey looks for the I-Phone he lost.
If the actions of others causes stress in your life, you need to consider different living arrangements because you aren't going to get everyone in an RV Park to think and move in lockstep with you.

Jayco-noslide

Galesburg,Il., USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 09:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There's 2 topics here. First, we don't usually get noise especially snowbirding along with mostly seniors. Mostly national, state parks, etc. Secondly, "warming up" a modern vehicle is about 40 years outdated. Absolutely unnecessary from a mechanical point of view and for temperature a moving vehicle warms up faster. But I guess you can't go around the park preaching that. But the short answer is- No we don't have that problem.

Jayco-noslide

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 09:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DutchmenSport wrote:

The park would be way out of line if they tried to segregate groups of people into different sections. .
What would you say about 'no generator' sections of state parks?

smarty

new mexico

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 09:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Which is why some of us only boondock....

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 09:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2003silverado wrote:

I like to be understanding of peoples lifestyles, but intentionally making a vehicle louder and then letting it run long periods at inappropriate times crosses the line from generally acceptable to selfish IMHO.

Merry Christmas!

And I was hoping Santa brings me a pair of Flowmaster FlowFX's and a few sticks of 3" pipe. Tough crowd, tough crowd. [emoticon]

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 09:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spade Cooley wrote:

She starts the loudest truck on the planet at 0645 and allows it to warm up rather than just put it in drive off. I'm an early riser but why do workers in rv parks need to disturb others?
Not just the noise but the exhaust fumes. It's rude.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Typical problem we all see in RV parks.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.