Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Typical problem we all see in RV parks.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Typical problem we all see in RV parks.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 01:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have had our pusher for 17 years. It is kinda loud. We start it, wait till we hear the air spit once and we are Rollin. Sometimes a little longer if I find something on the walk around. Still, always under 5 minutes.

At home we have 47 townhomes in our community. About 4 of us now have EV’s in their driveway now. It’s getting quieter. [emoticon]. 43 to go. [emoticon].

jake2250

Comifornia

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 01:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow,, Am glad not one person complained about them having their headlights on while idling!
For that specific reason I turn on all my out door lights on and leave them on all night!
I consider that,,,,,Pay Back!

jake2250

Comifornia

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 01:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For the idlers that own the yapping little dogs, buy a dog whistle,, then get up at 2 A.M., three A.M. and Four A.M. and give that whistle a toot! They will be too tired to get up early and idle!
Heck you don't even need to get up, just leave it next to the bed! And if they do not have the yappers but the other neighbors do, Blow that whistle like crazy when they are idling, guarantee some on will have a discussion with some one!

AND, if no one has dogs,, buy a portable boat air horn, crack your window when they are idling and toot that thing like a car alarm!
Guarantee some one will want to discuss that!

Life is short, don't get mad,,,get even!

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 01:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We camped in Hilton Head Thanksgiving weekend. The sites all around us were occupied by people camping together and their fire pit was right outside our front bedroom. Alcohol consumption contributes to conversations that get increasingly louder into quiet hours. I was pretty annoyed the first night, but we went to the camp store and bought ear plugs - slept like a baby and remained on friendly terms with the neighbors.

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/20/19 02:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2012Coleman wrote:

We camped in Hilton Head Thanksgiving weekend. The sites all around us were occupied by people camping together and their fire pit was right outside our front bedroom. Alcohol consumption contributes to conversations that get increasingly louder into quiet hours. I was pretty annoyed the first night, but we went to the camp store and bought ear plugs - slept like a baby and remained on friendly terms with the neighbors.

Whew ... I'm getting tired of reading discussion threads on the "idling of diesel engines" in RV campgrouds ... so let's cut through the chaff:

What's the Urban Myth versus Engineering Facts ... relative to diesel tow vehicle engines needing to be "warmed up" before use in order to not cause harm to them?? [emoticon]

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

Airdaile

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 03:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

An airport I flew out of had a "manufactured home" trailer park off the end of one of the runways. The residents showed up at commission meetings and complained of airplane noise. Someone in the crowd invariably would shout out "You people have wheels on your houses Move them!".

That applies here as well.

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 04:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Airdaile wrote:

"You people have wheels on your houses Move them!".
That applies here as well.
Poor analogy. Airplanes have to do what they do. People idling vehicles do not.

Many airports have noise abatement procedures.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 06:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I get up early so usually up drinking coffee when most people are leaving.

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/19 07:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The problem is not "people just living their lives"; it's people being very loud and inconsiderate. Their parents probably were the same. If the early riser really has the loudest truck on the planet they could get that fixed, but a lot of people like to have loud trucks, cars, or motorcycles on purpose. You can't fix inconsiderate. The best you can hope is to learn how to sleep through it. We have a loud fan blowing in our room that drowns out the early risers. And when that doesn't work I have a recording of running water on my phone and I play it in an earbud on a continuous loop. I like to sleep on my side and I put the earbud in the "up side" ear. I sleep just fine.

SDcampowneroperator

South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/20/19 07:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Theres a facebook campground owners group we are members of where the discussion is 90% what to do with /about seasonals and permanents.
For many rv parks those are their bread and butter, and do try to place them in a separate section if the park can. You do not run into this in public camps due to necessary stay limits.
If you are unfortunate to get a site next to the long terms or the blue hairs ( also known in our business as 'Que Tips' for their white shoes, white dog or hair color, any 2 qualify) , the playground or pool, inevitably there will be some mixing .
not everyone can be pleased or placed within their group. How is a camp operator to know unless you give all that info and then ' lock' the site?
Rv Parks are a very fluid place. Workers come and go with their schedule, not always on 1st of month like snowbirds and sunbirds.
Heres an example of requests we get with some humor, not a joke.

Request a 50 a fhu spacious pull thru with no children or campfires near, shady with satellite tv,
no noisy vehicles low traffic area, near washrooms and laundry. Quiet time 7-7
full refund of deposit if we drive in and do not like what we see even though we hit the accept policy button. and looked at the camp on google earth.

Or we will write you bad reviews
This is not humorous or a joke. Its true.

I' ll be changing my handle soon, we are selling, and I'm so glad.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Typical problem we all see in RV parks.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.