cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Great News, Pumping Real Diesel for 5 More Years

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
I am happy to read this news. I try to use the trucker pumps to get the good stuff.

5 More Years
40 REPLIES 40

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
The refinery eas never built. Long term use of non ilsd will damage your DPF. In a pick up that might cost $1500
In a motorhome it could be $3000. It also afects the many sensors. Would you take a chance damaging a new $300,000 motorhome. Or even a $60,000 pickup. Those Mercede motorhomrs cannot take the Mexican fuelTo say it is an urban myth iz wrong.

Talleyho69
We second that!!!

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
edbehnke wrote:
this is horrible for us with newer trucks.

what ****.

well, we're done with mexico after all these years.

There has been a lot of discussion here about Mexican diesel use with newer trucks. It's my understanding that there have been few, if any operational issues when using Mexican diesel with emission controlled diesel vehicles. Much of the worries comes from government and manufacturer's cautionary hyperbole.
Don't give up on Mexico so easily!

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
this is horrible for us with newer trucks.

what ****.

well, we're done with mexico after all these years.
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
Galvanizd wrote:
Naaah, its 11 years, says the article.

JAJAJAJA

Next months scientific climate report will give us only 8 years because of the wildfires in AU, farming in the Amazon, and the Taal, White Island, Popo, and other volcanos not meeting their emmisions requirements.

Galvanizd
Explorer
Explorer
Naaah, its 11 years, says the article.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
playaboy wrote:
12 years?????????

12 Years to Act on Climate Change
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
12 years?????????

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
Here in Maine off road diesel is dyed red but is ULSD. Even heating oil - the main source for heat in the northeast is ultra low sulfur - in Maine at least and probably most states.
We used to use heating oil in our off road equipment but had to install a separate tank about 10 years ago. The fine at that time as I understand it would have been $30,000 for a dealer to pump heating oil into an off road diesel tank.
Sadly, despite herculean efforts to clean the air and water nothing is ever enough and we only have 12 years left....

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
millesecond wrote:
playaboy wrote:
moisheh wrote:
Why would Pemex need to mark the pumps? There are no Mexican behicles sold by dealets that require ULSD. They can burn either fuel. Even ARCO does not mark the pumps
But they do advertise that they sell USA fuel. It is shameful that Mexico is polluting the environment.

Moisheh
C

I know it will never happen.

I just want to stay away from ULSD, it is not the best fuel for my 7.3 diesel. My truck runs better with LSD. That is what I want to buy if possible.

It ran GREAT using "red" high sulfur I mistakenly pumped into my truck in Arkansas last month.

I thought all diesel sold in the US including red off road is now ULSD??

Last month I was in rural Arkansas. I pulled up to the pumps and mistakenly filled with "High Sulfur" red diesel. At least that what it said on the pump. The attendant told me that I can be fined big bucks if caught.

Would they arrest me with my Mexican plates? ๐Ÿ™‚

millesecond
Explorer
Explorer
playaboy wrote:
moisheh wrote:
Why would Pemex need to mark the pumps? There are no Mexican behicles sold by dealets that require ULSD. They can burn either fuel. Even ARCO does not mark the pumps
But they do advertise that they sell USA fuel. It is shameful that Mexico is polluting the environment.

Moisheh
C

I know it will never happen.

I just want to stay away from ULSD, it is not the best fuel for my 7.3 diesel. My truck runs better with LSD. That is what I want to buy if possible.

It ran GREAT using "red" high sulfur I mistakenly pumped into my truck in Arkansas last month.

I thought all diesel sold in the US including red off road is now ULSD??
2011 GMC 3500
2004 HH Champagne 35sk

Talleyho69
Very interesting observations as to AMLO.

Hopefully we can keep this thread non political enough to keep open.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
AMLO appeals to the poor and that is his target group as he knows he will win future votes. Part of his "high" acceptance rating is the simple fact that his party has the majority in the house and senate. By offering money and gifts to his voters he is keeping them happy. Eventually, the money will run out, and his followers will fall by the wayside. Like another famous president, he inherited a very strong economy including a strong and steady peso. As time goes on, that will begin to fail.

His ability to manage the security issue is waining. More murders than ever and his "no confrontation" approach has become lackluster.

He promised to reduce salaries for government workers. Hasn't happened. (senators and representatives received a $20,000 U.S. Christmas bonus.

He auctioned off all of the government vehicles, armored Suburbans, etc. for 100 Million pesos, and now bought all new vehicles for 300 Million pesos.

He promised lower fuel prices. Hasn't happened.

He promised increased safety and security. Hasn't happened.

He promised to reduce corruption. Hasn't happened.

He promised to sell the presidential Dreamliner 787. Hasn't happened.

Unfortunately, his voters are made up mostly of people who have no formal education (by choice) and indigenous groups that do not speak Spanish or very little and do not understand what all this means.

I've been in San Miguel de Allende for two months helping out a sick friend and the gringos just don't grasp any of this because the news doesn't get to them in English. If they only knew what they were living in and what the future may hold for them as ex-pats.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Chris: You and I often disagree but you are 100% correct. I do not understand why he has such a high approval rating. Amlo may be highly rducated but he is naive. What will happen to Mexico in 5 years??