Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Great News, Pumping Real Diesel for 5 More Years
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Great News, Pumping Real Diesel for 5 More Years

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/31/19 05:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Semantics. I think the article means to say that companies means non Pemex franchise holders When one has a Pemex franchise you follow their rules. Very strict. Besides they cannot sell other than Pemex supplied fuel
So if Pemex does not supply Ulad in your state they do take orders for that fuel. To interpret that statement as you stated makes no sense,

ProudCanuck42

calgary

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/19 05:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

moisheh wrote:

Semantics. I think the article means to say that companies means non Pemex franchise holders

I agree....semantics.

playaboy

riviera maya

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/19 05:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All I would like to see is the pumps marked with what they are selling. With gasoline you get magna or premium. Why not mark the the diesel pumps as LSD or ULSD? That way we can choose what we buy.

wolfe10

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/19 08:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

playaboy wrote:

All I would like to see is the pumps marked with what they are selling. With gasoline you get magna or premium. Why not mark the the diesel pumps as LSD or ULSD? That way we can choose what we buy.

Requiring that each station now go from ONE to TWO diesel tanks, pumps, etc??

OR

Change signs as they get supply of LSD or ULSD?

I don't see how this would work in the real world.

Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/01/20 06:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why would Pemex need to mark the pumps? There are no Mexican behicles sold by dealets that require ULSD. They can burn either fuel. Even ARCO does not mark the pumps
But they do advertise that they sell USA fuel. It is shameful that Mexico is polluting the environment.

Moisheh
C

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/20 07:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

moisheh wrote:

It is shameful that Mexico is polluting the environment.

Moisheh
C

All because of a selfish president who wants to make his mark and attempt to prove to others that he was right. He will bankrupt the country in his desire to revive PEMEX.

Why would you revive such a dinosaur when the world is moving towards sustainable energy? Why spend over 200 billion dollars on something that won't be of use in 20 year?

Doomed, but I guess other North American countries feel the same.

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

playaboy

riviera maya

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/20 07:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

moisheh wrote:

Why would Pemex need to mark the pumps? There are no Mexican behicles sold by dealets that require ULSD. They can burn either fuel. Even ARCO does not mark the pumps
But they do advertise that they sell USA fuel. It is shameful that Mexico is polluting the environment.

Moisheh
C

I know it will never happen.

I just want to stay away from ULSD, it is not the best fuel for my 7.3 diesel. My truck runs better with LSD. That is what I want to buy if possible.

It ran GREAT using "red" high sulfur I mistakenly pumped into my truck in Arkansas last month.

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/01/20 03:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chris: You and I often disagree but you are 100% correct. I do not understand why he has such a high approval rating. Amlo may be highly rducated but he is naive. What will happen to Mexico in 5 years??

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/20 05:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AMLO appeals to the poor and that is his target group as he knows he will win future votes. Part of his "high" acceptance rating is the simple fact that his party has the majority in the house and senate. By offering money and gifts to his voters he is keeping them happy. Eventually, the money will run out, and his followers will fall by the wayside. Like another famous president, he inherited a very strong economy including a strong and steady peso. As time goes on, that will begin to fail.

His ability to manage the security issue is waining. More murders than ever and his "no confrontation" approach has become lackluster.

He promised to reduce salaries for government workers. Hasn't happened. (senators and representatives received a $20,000 U.S. Christmas bonus.

He auctioned off all of the government vehicles, armored Suburbans, etc. for 100 Million pesos, and now bought all new vehicles for 300 Million pesos.

He promised lower fuel prices. Hasn't happened.

He promised increased safety and security. Hasn't happened.

He promised to reduce corruption. Hasn't happened.

He promised to sell the presidential Dreamliner 787. Hasn't happened.

Unfortunately, his voters are made up mostly of people who have no formal education (by choice) and indigenous groups that do not speak Spanish or very little and do not understand what all this means.

I've been in San Miguel de Allende for two months helping out a sick friend and the gringos just don't grasp any of this because the news doesn't get to them in English. If they only knew what they were living in and what the future may hold for them as ex-pats.

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/20 05:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very interesting observations as to AMLO.

Hopefully we can keep this thread non political enough to keep open.

* This post was edited 01/01/20 05:54pm by Talleyho69 *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Great News, Pumping Real Diesel for 5 More Years
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.