cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Parking in Jacksonville, FL Wal Mart

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Heading to South FL in a few days and wondered about stopping for a few hours sleep just South of Jacksonville. One Wally seems to be near I-95. Thanks
16 REPLIES 16

travelnutz
Explorer
Explorer
Cracker Barrel's are excellent places to stop, eat and stay overnight and also have very good breakfasts in the morning too. We have been using them for over 24 years now for overhighting, have a nice reasonable hot meal after a long day of drivimg. Yes, they do expect RV'ers to come into the restaurant to eat. We always do as we are not leeches. It's only fair or they will stop overnight RV parking.

Most frown on opening any slides as they are parking spaces closer to the business and usually are at a nice angle parking for easy longer vehicle rig or buss entry and exit. They are not RV camping sites but are a goo safe paved place to park overnight. Most are decently or well lighted for pedestrian safety to and from the restaurant as during the day and evening many busses will stop for passenger eating.

Remnember? That is if you are about under 50' long or less in most as the RV parking are made for busses and RV's that will fit. Usually are always pull thru parking with an inner road for vehicle traffic to pass by in front and behind and you can't block off the inner roadways parking traffic or you just may get kicked out! If you are too long, best you go to a Wally World or someplace else.

Our 29' Carriage 5th wheel on tbe crew cab long box truck just fits in most of the Cracker Barrel's RV/buss parking section. Some Cracker Barrels do have a few areas around the outside of their parking lots/areas where a longer rig can park without impeding business clients traffic ways.
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Cracker Barrel
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Reason for WalMart or truck stop is because there are 2 of us going racing in South FL and with our trailers we are over 70ft long. So its usually a Walmart or Truck stop and we just sleep for awhile and go on. Thanks for all the info.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
As a CG owner, please go to WalMart or Cracker Barrel for a โ€œcouple hours sleepโ€. Sounds like it will be after dark...not a good time to disturb those already asleep in a CG.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
there is a nice ( and cheap ) RV park in North Jacksonville called, Pecan Park RV Park... Very cheap, and a nice place.

If you can't find a Walmart that allows overnight parking, I'll second the recommendation for Pecan Park. Long, paved, pull-thrus make for an easy overnight. We've arrived as late as 11:30pm or so.

I wouldn't call it cheap at $40-45/night that we spent in the past. However, I learned after 2 stays that they do accept Passport America.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
ferndaleflyer wrote:
What exit is San Jose? Not on the map I have....Guess I can GPS it
Exit 5B San Jose Blvd state rd 13. Walmart will be on the left side after you exit. Now if you get on the west belt of 295 from 95 prior to going through downtown, it will be the first exit after crossing the Buckman Bridge - St. Johns River. That's the way I come back into town.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
What exit is San Jose? Not on the map I have....Guess I can GPS it

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
ferndaleflyer wrote:
Heading to South FL in a few days and wondered about stopping for a few hours sleep just South of Jacksonville. One Wally seems to be near I-95. Thanks

This Walmart is located at 10991 San Jose Blvd #1, Jacksonville, FL 32223. May be the one your looking for. I have never asked, but pass it every day on the way to work. I usually see some overnighters in RV's on the outer fringes of the lot which is adjacent to 295. Good luck.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
I also vote to support local MA and PA campgrounds. If not one day they will all be gone.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

there is a nice ( and cheap ) RV park in North Jacksonville called, Pecan Park RV Park... Very cheap, and a nice place.

I like to support the local RV business..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Before asking, did you check RV Parky? Call anyone,.Walmart etc.?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Tax_Man
Explorer
Explorer
With RV Parky you have to look at comments and the date. Even if it says allowed, the Wal-Marts have very recent comments that it is not allowed. I ran into that in the Elkhart area.
Traveling around with the wife and fur kid.
Keep on Truckin (It's a 70s thing)
2022 HR Vacationer 35K (Ford Chassis)
2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 (Toad)

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I think Cracker Barrel is your best bet. Here's three you can call and check with.

Just off I-95
4680 Lenoir Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32216
Closes 10PM
Phone: (904) 296-7530

If taking the west side I-295 by-pass
4272 Eldridge Loop, Orange Park, FL 32073
Closes 10PM
Phone: (904) 264-2292

And a little farther South and just off I-95
2441 FL-16, St. Augustine, FL 32092
Closes 10PM
Phone: (904) 829-9222
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check RV Parky It shows the Walmarts you can sleep at also the Cracker Barrels
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C