Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire pressure

Lurker52
Explorer
Explorer
HI,

I have Goodyear G661 HSA 255/70 R/22.5 load range H tires. I'm trying to find the right pressure. My steer tire have 4210# and 3820# rear on each of the 4 tires. This comes from the cat scale. I can't find my tire chart. I found a couple of others similar and I have come up with 85# for the front and 80# for the rears.

I know some fill to max but I also have learned that is not the right thing to do. If anyone knows where I can find a inflation guide or the correct pressure I would appreciate it.

Thanks as always
11 REPLIES 11

jadatis
Explorer
Explorer
Filled it in, in my made extra safe motorhome calculator. Gave front 100 psi and rear 99 psi, so 100 psi all around .
Then maximum reserve, with still acceptable comfort and gripp.

In my calculator, I use an extra safe formula, wich leads to higher pressure then the officially used european formula, wich on its turn leads to higher pressure then the officially used formula in America.

But first I add 10% to the given loads.
I assume you weighed fully loaded per axle , and devided by 2 front, and 4 rear.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
atsrmf wrote:
Normally there's a tag somewhere in the motorhome with pressure specs.

Yes, and those "pressure specs" are with each axle loaded to its GAWR.

Your actual axle weight could (and hopefully are) well under those ratings. If so, you could be overinflated at PSI recommended for max weight.

I agree, until you have weighted the coach, a good starting point.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

atsrmf
Explorer
Explorer
Normally there's a tag somewhere in the motorhome with pressure specs.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have 90 in the front and 95 in the rear---I tow a trailer that weighs around 5000lbs

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
Given your weights, I'd probably run 85# all around....D

+5 for gauge error.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Seems this chart shows the sidewall numbers for the tires, Not what to use by weight.

rk911 wrote:
Lurker52 wrote:
HI,

I have Goodyear G661 HSA 255/70 R/22.5 load range H tires. I'm trying to find the right pressure. My steer tire have 4210# and 3820# rear on each of the 4 tires. This comes from the cat scale. I can't find my tire chart. I found a couple of others similar and I have come up with 85# for the front and 80# for the rears.

I know some fill to max but I also have learned that is not the right thing to do. If anyone knows where I can find a inflation guide or the correct pressure I would appreciate it.

Thanks as always

took about 5-seconds to find via google. here ya go!

https://www.goodyeartrucktires.com/pdf/resources/publications/sellsheets/g661_hsa_sellsheet_oct_2015...
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Lurker52 wrote:
HI,

Thanks as always

took about 5-seconds to find via google. here ya go!

https://www.goodyeartrucktires.com/pdf/resources/publications/sellsheets/g661_hsa_sellsheet_oct_2015...
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Lurker52
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, That's what I used.

Thanks to all

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here ya go.....Dennis

Given your weights, I'd probably run 85# all around....D
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Michelin has a weight/tire pressure guide that I use.
Kevin

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œI also have learned that is not the right thing to doโ€

If you donโ€™t need the tires maximum weight carrying ability. What does the RV manufacturer and the tire manufacturer say?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad