Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Slideouts Stalling
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Slideouts Stalling

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
John Burke

North Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/19 07:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had the same problem. Would get worse the colder it got. Breaker would open, wait a few seconds and start again.
Cleaned the slide guides and drive rails and lubed the drive rails and no problem.

old guy

Oregon (pronounced Or e gun)

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/19 02:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mine does the same thing and I had the battery checked and they say it is good to go. I even had it plugged into shore power. never did find out what was wrong with it

Lwiddis

Morro Bay, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/20 05:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“Generally hooked to shore power even at home.“

That’s too bad. Really limits where you can camp. What you can do.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

klutchdust

Orange, California

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/20 09:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

old guy wrote:

mine does the same thing and I had the battery checked and they say it is good to go. I even had it plugged into shore power. never did find out what was wrong with it

Here's what I found to be true with my Itasca Cambria bedroom slide. The rails get gummed up and the motor will shut off on the internal protector, cool off, then operate a bit again.
I removed the bedroom platform, cleaned the rails then lubed them up. Be careful what lube you use as wd and similar end up causing gum and you are back to square one.
Get and use a lube designed for sliders.

My rig gets a lot of attention. After each trip whatever needs repairs gets it, however I noticed my bed slide was still having issues.
I removed the platform,(easy two screws and its off) and paid closer attention. I have small cutouts for water and electrical to come through the floor, dust and such was coming into that area and gumming things up EVEN THOUGH I was using slider lube.

Well, I sealed those holes and have had less issues than before. We camp in the desert and on dirt parking lots so with the slide out it is a magnet for dirt.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Slideouts Stalling
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.