Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Driver Ticketed For Towing Semi Trailer With Pickup Truck
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Driver Ticketed For Towing Semi Trailer With Pickup Truck

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
LoudRam

Southern NJ

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/19 08:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ontario Provincial Police posted photos of a truck that they had pulled over and ticketed for trying to use a pickup to tow a full-on semi-trailer attached with what looks like a homemade I-beam contraption. The I-beam was connected to the truck with only a clevis pin and misplaced confidence.

Full story here...

https://jalopnik.com/driver-ticketed-for........-semi-trailer-with-regular-as-1840562576

Todd
Desert Storm Vet (US Navy)
2019 1500 Classic Quad Cab Express 4X4 5.7 Hemi 3.92
2018 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2880RKS

If you can read this thank a teacher
If you can read this in english thank a vet

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/19 10:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I grew up on a farm.
I noticed that it didn't crash.

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/24/19 11:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Canada likes to enforce things.Their highway signs use to say Safety Through Enforcement. I thought to myself all the sign needs is a picture of Uncle Joe Stalin with right hand in salute.Anyone that would put a 25kph on a divided four lane road is nuts. or a 100kph 60 mph or so limit on arrow straight four lane or even two lane sections of Trans Canada and other roads are rigid dictatorial freaks.Many years ago I wondered about all that as we saw many places where vehicles had run off the road on both sides. They went to sleep at the wheel I was informed at a Tim Hortons, in conversation with someone we sat with.
And there was talk of lowering the speed limits even more as a result. That section of rod was near huge fields stretchign to the horizon with cabages I think and barns big enough to handle a couple of C5As

DFord

Near St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/19 11:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's the pictures:

[image]

[image]

* This post was edited 12/24/19 11:48am by an administrator/moderator *

Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/19 03:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

no semi there. That is a full trailer. Axle in front and rear. Or as the TV announcer on "401 Heavy Rescue" pronounces it a 'simmie'.

horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/19 03:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You Remember the pick up adds a few years ago where they showed some way too small pickup towing some way too big load (at very low speed but it looks faster due to time lapse photography) ...

Well clearly the ticketed believed the ads.. I don't.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

GKAbbott

On the road

View Profile

Posted: 12/25/19 12:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It appears that he had air connected to release the trailer parking brakes and wireless trailer lights. If he had invested in a proper pintle hitch. He would have been "good to go".....go, not stop.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 12/25/19 03:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Horsedoc wrote:

no semi there. That is a full trailer. Axle in front and rear. Or as the TV announcer on "401 Heavy Rescue" pronounces it a 'simmie'.

Looks to me like a semi trailer with converter gear) Commonly as the 2nd of a double bottom. both trailers are standard trailers but the rear one has a "Converter" under it axle with 5th wheel receiver) then he either bolted, welded or chained on the I-Beam instead of the proper pintle hitch (As someone else pointed out)

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 12/25/19 03:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's all good,looks like he has a camera on the tailgate so he knows when it falls off.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider
Looking for a 5th wheel toyhauler

NJRVer

NJ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/25/19 07:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home wrote:

Canada likes to enforce things.Their highway signs use to say Safety Through Enforcement. I thought to myself all the sign needs is a picture of Uncle Joe Stalin with right hand in salute.Anyone that would put a 25kph on a divided four lane road is nuts. or a 100kph 60 mph or so limit on arrow straight four lane or even two lane sections of Trans Canada and other roads are rigid dictatorial freaks.Many years ago I wondered about all that as we saw many places where vehicles had run off the road on both sides. They went to sleep at the wheel I was informed at a Tim Hortons, in conversation with someone we sat with.
And there was talk of lowering the speed limits even more as a result. That section of rod was near huge fields stretchign to the horizon with cabages I think and barns big enough to handle a couple of C5As

So, you decided to come clean, eh?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Driver Ticketed For Towing Semi Trailer With Pickup Truck
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.