cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Time to reorder some LED bulbs

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Some of our 12vdc LED's are starting to give me issues. I think my best bet is a 5 or 10 pack. Walking into C.W. and purchasing 5 of the bulbs can get costly.
Where are others ordering on-line? I'm looking for white/bright leds for the overhead lights.
A Google search reveals too many results!

BA9 style base
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel
21 REPLIES 21

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered from Superbright LED's. Will post a follow-up

Thanks again for the suggestions.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

solismaris
Explorer
Explorer
Very happy with superbrightleds.com
David Kojen

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use this outfit -- very good service. They are located in the US -- a person who speaks English well answers the phone and answered all of my questions:

M4
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PPD8DM6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
joelc,

Do you have a link you might post? Thanks in advance.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just converted from halogen to dimmable LED. I am not an expert, but after much searching I found these at Amazon. G4 LED Bulb Dimmable, 4 Watt G4 Bi-Pin LED Bulb Equivalent to G4 Halogen Xenon Bulb 30W, T3 JC G4 Base Daylight White 6000K G4 Light Bulb, AC/DC 12V (6 Pack)
They are unavailable currently.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Bird Freak wrote:
I just replace all my light fixtures with identical to factory units, all really bright led's.
5 pack from Amazon for around $50 bucks.

I like that idea - seems like a cost effective solution - especially for those of use who have old fixtures/lenses which probably need some attention.
Kevin

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replys.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I added several led fixtures to my TT including under the cabinets above the dinette seats, next to the door on the side of the kitchen cabinet. I ordered from Amazon. I went with the 4000-4500 K for the color.
5 Pack Leisure LED RV LED Ceiling Double Dome Light Fixture with ON/OFF Switch Interior Lighting for Car/RV/Trailer/Camper/Boat DC 12V Natural White 4000-4500K 48X2835SMD (Natural White 4000-4500K, 5)
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
Count me as one who buys cheap leds. Over the past 8 years I've only had to replace 1 bad bulb that was bad when I plugged it in. Most of these were bought on ebay but from a USA supplier. Much easier to return or get a replacement with someone in the USA.

monkey44
Nomad
Nomad
Bird Freak wrote:
I just replace all my light fixtures with identical to factory units, all really bright led's.

We did that too - didn't want to fuss with trying to match - the fixtures are very bright - might swap out the dinette overheads with less intense bulbs. Very much a battery saver, as we camp most times with no HUs several days at a time, then find a HU park to dump and charge ...

ON EDIT: We also replaced all our bulbs in the stick house last year, and installed new LED fixtures in some areas. We track the electric bill for the year, and nearly every month, our bill was about $20-$30 less relative to last two years of the same month. Not a huge savings, but the light bulbs don't blow out either - not one since we changed.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
It helps to actually see the total number of SMDs, and more importantly, which direction they face. If the bulb is roughly cylindrical, most SMDs will be on the sides of the cylinder, and perhpas not enough on the end opposite the base.
Depending on the aspect of the mounted bulb, some replacements might not shine enough light in a particular direction.
A few years ago I bought bright white LED backup lights for my F150, and when they arrived they only had one diode on the end, facing in the direction that I needed the most light to shine. They had plenty of SMDs on the sides of the cylinderical bulb, but not enough facing the rear of the truck when inserted into the receptacle.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
I got these for my old 2003 Prowler TT.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B071V2DBWP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They plugged right in and worked fine. No real time with them, since I traded the Prowler for the new Rockwood some 5 months later, but for the price, I liked them.

Good luck!

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.