Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: New 5th Wheel Manufacturer
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> New 5th Wheel Manufacturer

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Travlingman

Jonesborough, TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/24/19 06:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like a new manufactuer of 5th wheels will be starting up in January. Alliance RV is completing a new factory and says they will be producing luxury fifth wheels. Most of the upper management seems to be coming from Heartland and then manufacturing from Grand Design. The Brady's were with Heartland before they got bought out. Looking forward to seeing what they come out with. Supposedly going to be at some shows in January, hopefully with some show units as there calendar does have models listed per event.

On edit, I found an interview from August.

* This post was edited 12/24/19 06:49pm by Travlingman *

2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/24/19 08:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My money is on nothing will change. Same Lippert chassis, same Dexter axles, same mediocre house build. Unless they want to charge another fifty to a hundred grand to build in some quality.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 RZR 900

Travlingman

Jonesborough, TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/24/19 09:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is an article from dealer show that tells a little about the build. Looks like it will be in the range around the Riverstone, Landmark, etc.

Hammerboy

Zeeland, MI

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/19 09:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And then in two years they will sell out.

Dan

2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

pcm1959

home

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/19 09:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree. Another pretty paint job and nice updated appliance package. No builder cares about the frame or underpinnings anymore. Throw full body paint on it and it high end now. LOL Only an old guy like me cares about whats underneath and behind the walls.
I have attended the Tampa Super Show for years and next month will be the first year I am not going. I finally got tired of going hoping to see something new and a stand-out. It hasn't happened in a few years now.
DRV is the only one out there with a unique frame but its Lippert made and there are owners who have had pin-box/chin problems, etc.
Now Vanleigh in the "high-end" market with the Beacon. There is not one thing about it that makes it anymore high end over any other brand but the high-end looking paint job. Lippert through and through, disc brakes optional (maybe), 2 inch thick walls like everyone else, etc.
I don't expect anything special. I will be pleasantly surprised if its anything different especially with the team having come from GD and Heartland.
Its a shame companies, especially a new one, has to chat-up how good their customer service is or is going to be. Wouldn't it be something if they could talk about the initial quality right off the line like auto makers do? Its great that they will take care of all the problems after delivery but how about just delivering quality from the get go?
I will be looking forward to seeing what they do different. Sorry now I'm not going to the Tamps show. Hopefully someone will go and update this thread with their findings.

2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

pcm1959

home

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/19 09:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is an article that includes some of their build standards. Somewhat encouraging, however, a laminated wall instead of hung wall construction. They are already skimping on the brakes and lack of slide toppers. If you want to be high end, be high end. Riverstone already looks better.
https://rvbusiness.com/startup-alliance-rv-details-business-plan-to-dealers/

Travlingman

Jonesborough, TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/24/19 10:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pcm1959 wrote:

Here is an article that includes some of their build standards. Somewhat encouraging, however, a laminated wall instead of hung wall construction. They are already skimping on the brakes and lack of slide toppers. If you want to be high end, be high end. Riverstone already looks better.

We have been looking at the Riverstone Legacy for over a year now, and unfortunately it is changing from what it was. The Legacy is now an add on package. From what we can tell, some of the standards that use to be with the Legacy are now options with it too.

dblr

Newark De

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/25/19 05:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Travlingman wrote:

pcm1959 wrote:

We have been looking at the Riverstone Legacy for over a year now, and unfortunately it is changing from what it was. The Legacy is now an add on package. From what we can tell, some of the standards that use to be with the Legacy are now options with it too.

You are so correct on the changes at River Stone, we bought in the early stages and got the 141st unit built. They have made many changes and not for the best (imo) it is still a nice unit and maybe one of the best choices out there but far to many changes and not for the best. Still will be interested to see what a new builder might trt to do when they enter the market.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

MikeRP

Westerville

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/25/19 07:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well you are right there is nothing new under the sun much. We own a new Cedar Creek Hathaway. I like the construction and they have stood behind there product to us. We’ve had a lot of upgrades done including slide work and frame re-enforcements. These were done by Amish Family RV in Topeka. Those folks are off the chart particular.

I’ve been around RV’s for many years like many here and a lot of the systems are the same for all ranges of pricing. But this model has some nice electrical improvements and maybe some of the others are using this new stuff too.

When we picked up our new RV, which was ordered I went over it as deeply as you can and thought it was near perfect. But the trip to Key Largo and back showed some weaknesses. I’ve been back to Topeka twice, once for accident repair and warranty and a final warranty inspection on more upgrades.

My wife is a little sensitive about the upgrades on the frame wondering why we are paying. But I think it shows that any new RV no matter how high end is going to experience some needs. But Cedar Creek has stood behind those issues in the quest for perfect.

alboy

Kelowna B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 12/25/19 07:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree with your wife,it would not be acceptable to me on a new rig.Hope it works out for you.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> New 5th Wheel Manufacturer
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.