Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: My Picks College Football
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> My Picks College Football

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Charlie D.

E. Texas-Orange

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/28/19 06:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They have looked unbeatable the last 4 games. Great victory for LSU and fans.

Still have another game to play. Joe Burrow is the calmest quarterback I have ever seen.

They were basically a one dimensional team today and to put up the stats and records made today is unbelievable. They will have to have a running game for the championship.

Going to pour me a large Makers Mark and toast and salute our the Tigers win and upcoming Buckeye victory tonight.

I will say the refs. allowed them to play with few penalties. The terrible no call against LSU for pass interference in the first half should not have happened. Too flagrant as was the face mask OSU did to Burrows just before he was pulled out of the game.

LSU's hiring of Joe Brady from the N.O. Saint's was brilliant. Sad that Ensiminger's DIL died in the plane crash in Lafayette this morning yet he stayed with the game

Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/28/19 07:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lot of game left, but it's becoming apparent Clemson hasn't played a team of Ohio State's caliber this year.

Dozer

Santa Clarita, CA

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/19 10:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

Lot of game left, but it's becoming apparent Clemson hasn't played a team of Ohio State's caliber this year.

Come again?

Charlie D.

E. Texas-Orange

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/29/19 07:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bags, my friend. I feel your pain after last nights game.

I expect the championship game to be very physical. As I said several months ago, Clemson was not getting much talk from the football pundits.

LSU will need a strong running game and contain Lawrence from running.

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/29/19 09:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yup. Pain it is. I don't begrudge Clemson the win as much as I hurt over what looks to me like the theft of 11 points by the officials. It was clear OSU outplayed Clemson. The stats favor the Buckeyes, even with the officials miscalls.

11 points. You can't make up how important 11 points are in a game of this sort. I come to that number by (1) Dobbins touchdown negated because the ball spun in his hands as he planted it in the end zone. It never came out from between his outstretched hands, it just turned IN his grasp. The ball was a yard inside the end zone, his body was entirely in mid-air. He never lost control of the ball. That one became a field goal, loss of 4 crucial points.

Then (2) Fuller's scoop & score. Call on the field reversed because the receiver never put the ball against his gut. C'mon, guys, he took 3 or 4 steps with the ball fully in his grasp. If he'd simply run out of bounds in those 4 steps, it would have been a completion.

To be sure, Clemson's defense did manage to keep the Buckeyes out on goal line stands, and cut substantially into third down conversions. Certainly the Buckeyes made some big mistakes, like roughing the kicker, and the interception to seal the win for Clemson. But it still feels like we wuz robbed.

* This post was edited 12/29/19 01:16pm by an administrator/moderator *

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/19 11:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ditto to what naturist said! It took me 2 1/2 hours to get over the loss to Clemson, but several of the OSU players who were expected to be drafted in the upcoming NFL Draft are now seriously thinking about coming back for their senior year because they came to Ohio State to win a National Championship! Right now I'm 100% all in for the LSU Tigers! Bags.

Land of Opportunity & Liberty 4 ALL!

GKAbbott

On the road

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/19 06:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you let your opponents score 29 points, you can't blame it all on officiating.

Geaux Tigers
Go Tigers

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/31/19 10:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GKAbbott wrote:

If you let your opponents score 29 points, you can't blame it all on officiating.

Geaux Tigers
Go Tigers

Nope, certainly can't blame it all on officiating. Buckeyes made several bad mistakes, and you can't do that and expect to win. Not against a good team.

Somebody pointed out that there's at least one bad call in every game. Yup, probably so. I just hate to see that one bad call being the difference that decides the outcome.

So, no, I don't begrudge Clemson their win. They did what they needed to do to win. I'm just annoyed that there was a bad call . . . .

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/20 06:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Watched two games yesterday Michigan vs Alabama & Oregon vs Wisconsin. With respect to the Mich./Bama game, Michigan was ahead by a few points in the first half, but they just couldn't hang with Alabama in the 2nd. half. Now with respect to Wisconsin/Oregon, Oregon won by 1 point, but the most glaring stat was Wisconsin turned the ball over (4) times by either fumbles or interceptions and when you turn over the ball (4) times in a game, odds are you're going to lose. In spite of that, I felt Wisconsin was the better team that just came out with a L at the end. However, a bright spot for the BIG10 was Minnesota beat Auburn by a TD! Jan 13th. is the BIG GAME between Clemson & LSU and I'm going to be rooting big time for the LSU Tigers! GEAUX LSU TIGERS!!!!!

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/20 07:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Gophers were the pride of the Big Ten yesterday. Got a feeling Coach Fleck is building something special up there. Defeating Auburn sure won't hurt his recruiting efforts.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> My Picks College Football
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.