Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: roadside service providers
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> roadside service providers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Carvin Marvin

Livingston, Texas, USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/19 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Who are you folks using for roadside service. I have a class A. Thanks for any response hopefully include annual price and experiences.

ependydad

Here and there

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/19 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The big names you'll read are Good Sams, CoachNET, and AAA.

You'll read great stories for each. And you'll read war stories for each. I feel like I've read more war stories than good ones about AAA and excluded them from my consideration.

Each uses the same basic set of service providers and you're at the mercy for whoever gets dispatched. Some will be great, some will be terrible and really it's luck of the draw as to who shows up.

I had a good experience with Good Sam (they found me a mobile auto tech to replace broken leaf springs on my fifth wheel in a Walmart parking lot on a Sunday). But, I have friends who have been stranded by Good Sam and promptly cancelled their service.

Good luck!

2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/19 11:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

x2 he said it all. we use coach net not a problem in the three times we needed them. p.s to nemy horror stories about CW so we stay away.

doxiemom11

Yoakum Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/19 11:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have Coachnet - look carefully if you sign up. The more expensive plan is for a motorized rv - the cheaper on for a towable. Don't mistakenly purchase the wrong plan.

jplante4

Cape Cod

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/19 11:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I haven't heard many horror stories about CoachNet. Supposedly, they all use the same providers.

Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

IB853347201

Eastern Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/19 12:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Join FMCA. Roadside assistance especially for class A's, $74 a year. You'll also get travel assist which will fly you and the DW home in case of a medical emergency and pay for a driver to bring your Class A home.
The best value for the money out there.

IB853347201

Eastern Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/19 12:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

doxiemom11 wrote:

We have Coachnet - look carefully if you sign up. The more expensive plan is for a motorized rv - the cheaper on for a towable. Don't mistakenly purchase the wrong plan.

Same issue with GoodSam!

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/19 03:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IB853347201 wrote:

Join FMCA. Roadside assistance especially for class A's, $74 a year. You'll also get travel assist which will fly you and the DW home in case of a medical emergency and pay for a driver to bring your Class A home.
The best value for the money out there.

We had CoachNet and now are switching to FMCA, basically for the medical emergency plan as the DW & I both have medical issues and, well you never know. That's what insurance is for.

Our Phoenix Cruiser 2100, "Bob", has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Gulfcoast

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/19 03:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I believe FMCA also has an $85 annual membership fee. It's a little cheaper if you pay for three years upfront.

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/19 05:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jplante4 wrote:

I haven't heard many horror stories about CoachNet. Supposedly, they all use the same providers.

In major population areas there may be several service firms to choose from. But many only have a single firm capable of transporting a motorhome so you gotta believe ALL the RSS companies use them.

I have RSS through Ford for another two years and then it will be through my insurance company.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> roadside service providers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.