Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: potty without the rv
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> potty without the rv

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/19 07:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We always carry a "Luggable Loo" ($19.99 on Amazon) - it's the old 5-gallon bucket, but has a nice toilet seat and lid that snap onto the top. It's basically the same height as a toilet. When lined with a trash bag and some kitty litter added, it makes tossing the contents into the trash a simple operation. Lightweight, too, and doesn't take up much space. Also provides a 5-gallon bucket in case you need to haul water, etc.

Luggable Loo

I should add that if privacy is needed, setting the potty on the ground next to the vehicle with a door open, and a gentleman holding a blanket on the other side, should offer enough coverage that a lady in need doesn't feel overexposed?

Michelle.S

Western NY till fall, then Sebring, FL

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/19 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we were pulling a Pop-up we always had a Cap on out Truck with a Port-a-Potty. Got a lot of use.
Once we moved up to a TT we just used the facilities with-in.

2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

bigred1cav

ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/29/19 12:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Never gave such a situation a thought. I was in the Army I can take a dump anywhere. Take a leaf and finish the job so long as the leaf isn't Poison Ivy, Oak or Nettle.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/19 12:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bigred1cav wrote:

Never gave such a situation a thought. I was in the Army I can take a dump anywhere. Take a leaf and finish the job so long as the leaf isn't Poison Ivy, Oak or Nettle.
Are you by chance an 89 year old woman? Your solution may not work for an 89 year old lady, which is why the question was posed initially.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

BizmarksMom

Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/29/19 07:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When exploring with my mom, I take a luggable loo along. She's in her 70s, with both knees replaced, so squatting is not going to happen.

2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/19 03:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

midnightsadie wrote:

do like the animals do. poop an bury.

I have not seen many bears or deer digging holes in the woods, although my dog has been known to kick a few leaves and twigs, maybe some gravel, over a freshly dropped deuce once in while. [emoticon]

To the OP, if you have to pull over and go through the motions needed to pop up an Aliner when the urge arises, better carry some extra gutchies and a case of wetwipes.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> potty without the rv
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.