cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where is emissions sticker??

rogerlamb
Explorer
Explorer
I recently purchased a 2003 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 diesel motorhome. It is a Cummins diesel. When trying to register at the CA DMV yesterday we couldn't find the emissions sticker which they require to register in CA. I looked around the engine etc., with no luck. Can someone tell me where to find this on this MH or even to send me a picture of theirs so I can order a replacement.
Please note this ISN'T about a smog certificate as not required for this MH. It is the emissions sticker.
Very frustrated!
9 REPLIES 9

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Look into buying trip permits. Years ago did that in WA. It was cheaper than licensing at the time.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

rogerlamb
Explorer
Explorer
It appears my 2003 engine never had a CARB declaration or certificate. Does anyone know what my options are? Buying the MH and then not being able to register it is pretty devastating.

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure exactly what you're discussing. Is it the smog inspection sticker needed to register the motorhome or is it the CARB declaration?

If it's the emissions/smog sticker, you need to get that from the station prior to registration unless it was already registered in CA with a current valid emissions/smog sticker. Since they want one, your MH probably never had one.

If it's the CARB declaration, you can get that from the CA Air Resource Board. They issue the declarations based on engines. As an example, here's a sample of one for the 2006 version of your engine:
2006 Cummins
Is this what Cummin sent you?
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
edatlanta wrote:
rogerlamb wrote:
Now Im really confused. Cummins sent me a letter saying the 2003 HR Endeavor diesel didn't have an emissions sticker. They sent me the EPA certification but doesn't mention CA? Now Im really worried. Does anyone have a picture they could email me of the emissions sticker so I ca look into getting a replacement. Has anyone utilized the low use exemptions?
My fear is that I just spent $45K on a motorhome that I can't register??

I'm confused here. If Cummins said in a letter that it didn't have an emissions sticker, what are you wanting a replacement for?

I can't imagine even the state of California would require something that doesn't exist. Or maybe they would.....Another reason I have zero desire to ever visit CA again.

Ed I can imagine CA and their stupid laws. If you buy and older car from another state even though it has a cat converter if its not a 50 state or CA approved cat you cant register it
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Register it in a Freedom State!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
rogerlamb wrote:
Now Im really confused. Cummins sent me a letter saying the 2003 HR Endeavor diesel didn't have an emissions sticker. They sent me the EPA certification but doesn't mention CA? Now Im really worried. Does anyone have a picture they could email me of the emissions sticker so I ca look into getting a replacement. Has anyone utilized the low use exemptions?

I'm confused here. If Cummins said in a letter that it didn't have an emissions sticker, what are you wanting a replacement for?

I can't imagine even the state of California would require something that doesn't exist. Or maybe they would.....Another reason I have zero desire to ever visit CA again.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

rogerlamb
Explorer
Explorer

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Not sure if it's the same thing but the eng identification plate is on the right side of the timing cover as you face the engine.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
In another forum it was on the engine timing cover. Others just took their RV to DMV for verification. Another said the sticker is 1/2 x 1 1/2 and on the side of the motor.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE